If you are using Realme XT (RMX1921) smartphone and want to root then you’re in right place. You can now Install TWRP Recovery on Realme XT and root using Magisk.
Here in this article, we will cover all the basic details, requirements, download links, and installation steps completely. If you’re an advanced user or a developer, you may know that installing TWRP Recovery and rooting a device can make a huge difference in user experience. You can simply do a lot of things or customizations after installing TWRP Recovery and gaining root access. You will be able to flash Custom ROMs, install Mods, perform backup and restore, installing root, and more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Realme XT Specifications: Overview
- 2 TWRP Recovery: Overview
- 3 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme XT (RMX1921)
- 4 Steps to Root Realme XT
Realme XT Specifications: Overview
The Realme XT is the first device in India with a 64MP primary rear sensor which offers great image quality even in low light. The device comes with a 6.4-inches Super AMOLED Full-HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. While the in-display fingerprint sensor and Face unlock are both quick and accurate as well.
Under the hood, the device is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 712 SoC, coupled with three RAM & storage options. It runs on ColorOS 6.0.1 based on Android 9 Pie and upgradable to Android 10 in Q1 2020.
The highlight of this device is the 64MP AI Quad camera setup on the rear side. The wide-angle lens and macro lens offers great images. While the front features a 16MP Sony sensor for selfies. It features Ambient Light, Proximity, Magnetic induction sensor, Gyro, Acceleration, Pedometer, G-sensor, etc. While for security unlock, the device has an in-display fingerprint sensor.
Realme has provided the 4,000 mAh battery with VOOC charging. In terms of the connectivity options, the handset packs Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C, 3G/4G LTE, GPS, etc. It also has a 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos, Dual Nano-SIM, and a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
Now, we will talk about the TWRP Recovery and its advantages and then installation steps.
TWRP Recovery: Overview
TWRP full form is “Team Win Recovery Project”. It let the user flash recovery files and ROM files over ZIP or image extension easily with a simple and fully-featured User Interface. The TWRP is so much popular and widely used by the users and developers all over the world. Here we have mentioned some of the advantages of installing TWRP Recovery on your device.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Flash Custom ROM.
- Flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP.
- Root and Unroot with SuperSU.
- Install Magisk for root and unroot.
- Flash GApps package as well.
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP Recovery.
- Flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Realme XT.
- Remove all bloatware using TWRP.
- You can underclock and overclock the system performance.
- Perform clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme XT (RMX1921)
We will share you the full depth guide on how to download and install TWRP recovery on Realme XT handset. After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several Mods, flash ROMs, take backup & restores, and more. Follow the download links and requirements as well. Then check the full depth guide completely.
- TWRP Recovery file: Download Here
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on Realme XT.
- Get a Laptop or PC with ADB installed.
- Download Magisk or Super SU.zip
- Get the battery charge your phone to at least 70% to avoid any unforeseen shutdowns in the midst of the process.
- Install the Latest Realme USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows and For Mac Click Here.
- This guide and file are only supported by Realme XT. Don’t use it on other devices.
- You will require to unlock the bootloader on Realme XT. (Process will be the same)
- Charge your device battery up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup without Root of your device data.
- You will need a USB cable and a PC/Laptop to connect your phone with the computer.
Instructions to Install
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Steps to Root Realme XT
In order to root your phone, you will need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Realme XT without PC or Computer. Here in this guide, we will share how to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone.
What is Rooting?
Rooting for Android means similar to the jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. It will give you the superuser access as an administrator to use your device over an Android subsystem and system apps.
Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable). But it will give you some unleash power and access to change or edit the system settings, themes, icons, install other mod files, etc.
Advantages of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Realme XT, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking device.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Realme XT.
- You can block Ads on any applications.
- By Rooting Realme XT, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Realme XT:
Here is the guide on how to root Realme XT smartphone. Make sure to follow only one method, either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.Guide to Install SuperSU on Your Device Guide to Install Magisk and Magisk Manager
Hope that you have successfully installed TWRP and enabled root access on your Realme XT device. In case if you’re facing any issue, feel free to ask in the comments down below.