Installing TWRP Recovery and Rooting your Android device now becomes quite easy and useful too. Here in this guide, we will share with you the steps on How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi Note 8 Pro (codenamed begonia) device easily. The TWRP Recovery installation process will also require unlocking the device bootloader. So, we will share how to Unlock the OnePlus Bootloader guide as well.
The smartphone OEMs don’t provide an unlocked bootloader for some security reasons. Whereas unlocking the device bootloader will come in handy to install custom recovery as well. The Custom Recovery tools will be like TWRP, CWM, etc. Here we will use the TWRP Recovery. By installing the TWRP Recovery, you can easily flash firmware files, install root, take a full backup, and more.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Specifications: Overview
The Redmi Note 8 Pro is a hybrid dual SIM supported device released in September 2019. It runs on Mediatek Helio G90T chipset. The device offers two options of memory which are 6 GB RAM and 8GB RAM. With 6GB memory, you again get two alternatives for storage. There is an in-built storage of 64 GB and 128 GB. If you opt for the 8GB RAM variant, you only get a storage of 128GB. Besides storage is expandable up to 256 GB with SD-card.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro has an LCD display of 6.5-inches with a 1080 x 2340 pixel resolution. The camera section pretty high-end with rear-end supporting quad camera setup. It includes 64 MP(wide) + 8MP(ultrawide)+ 2MP(macro)+2MP(depth sensor). There is also a front face camera of 13 MP.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It basically lets the user flash custom recovery files, firmware files, root files easily on their Android smartphones. The firmware and other zip files can be easily flashed by this tool. Thanks to the XDA member fi4tch for sharing the TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Meanwhile, you can also install or flash the custom recovery files, Xposed Modules, etc on your device. Additionally, creating the Nandroid backups & restores, factory reset, install GApps, etc can be done easily.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Now, let’s check how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro device.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on the computer.
Instructions to install
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Redmi Note 8 ProGuide to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro via SuperSU Guide to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro via Magisk
We assume that this full depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.