Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra (codename: star) was launched in April 2021. The phone came out of the box with Android 11 R. On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Mi 11 Ultra. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery on Mi 11 Ultra.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Mi 11 Ultra device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra Device Overview
The Mi 11 Ultra features a 6.81 inch AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1440 x 3200 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It has a refresh rate of 120 Hz and has support for HDR10+. The company claims a peak brightness of 1700 nits. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 built on a 5nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor which consists of one Kryo 680 core clocked at 2.84 GHz, three Kryo 680 cores clocked at 2.42 GHz, and four Kryo 680 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz.
In terms of optics, we have a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The triple camera setup consists of a 50MP primary sensor paired with an f/2.0 lens, a 48MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 48MP periscopic telephoto sensor paired with an f/4.1 lens. Coming to the front, we get a 20MP sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. The rear camera setup can capture 8K videos at 24 fps and 4K at 60 fps. On the other hand, the front camera is limited to 1080p video recording. On the rear cameras, we have OIS(Optical Image Stabilization) on both the primary and telephoto sensors.
The smartphone will come with Android 11 out of the box with MIUI 12.5 running on top. We will have three storage options for this device: 8GB RAM + 256GB internal storage, 12GB RAM + 256GB internal storage, and 12GB RAM + 512GB internal storage. In terms of communications, we haveWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, Infrared port, and USB Type-C 2.0.
For sensors, we have an under-display fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, color spectrum, and compass. Powering it all is a 5000 mAh battery that supports 67W fast wired and 67 fast wireless charging.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – Wikipedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Mi 11 Ultra using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Mi 11 Ultra
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Mi 11 Ultra
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Mi 11 Ultra.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 11 Ultra
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Mi 11 Ultra model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Mi 11 Ultra bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Mi 11 Ultra device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Mi 11 Ultra, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Mi 11 Ultra by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Mi 11 Ultra.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Mi 11 Ultra.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Mi 11 Ultra, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Mi 11 Ultra
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.