PS5 has been brilliant in almost every aspect ever since it came out. As the console is getting more and more popular, users seem to be more curious about the various functionalities of the device. And as such, many users are interested to know how to boot PS5 into safe mode. Generally, users prefer booting into safe mode to get rid of unexpected problems at times. Many users even look up to it for experimental purposes.
If you are having any of such reasons and looking for a way out to boot into safe mode on PS5, we might have some help. In this article, we have shared the exact steps for booting into safe mode on your PlayStation 5. Check out the entire article to find your answer.
How to Boot Into Safe Mode on PS5 (PlayStation 5)?
Initially, if you are not much familiar with Safe Mode, let us walk you through the basics first. So, basically, the Safe Mode on your PS5 is a separate mode that lets you start the console with the most basic functionalities only. This mode was specially designed with the objective of resolving any issues that may occur throughout your usage. The Safe Mode mainly performs a hard reset on the console, rebuilds the console’s database storage, or changes the resolution to deal with most of the problems.
The steps to boot into the safe mode on PS5 are as follows:
- Firstly, press and hold the power button of the console and wait a while. The power light will blink a few time before turning the console off.
- After you turned off the console, press and hold the power button again to restart it again. You will hear a beep sound when you press the power button and a second beep after around 7-8 seconds. Release the button once you hear the second beep.
- Now, connect your controller via a USB cable and tap on the PS button on the Controller. This will boot your PS5 into the Safe Mode.
Now that you are into safe mode, you can work with the basic functionalities to solve the issues you are suffering from. However, if the above steps don’t work for some reason, which is rarely expected, then you can also try performing a power cycle on the console to boot into the safe mode.
Power Cycle the PS5
Well, power cycling your PS5 console is actually pretty simple. All you need to do is follow the steps below and get your work done.
- Press and hold the power button of the console to turn it off.
- Once it is turned off, remove the power cable and let the system rest for around 20 minutes.
- Now, switch on the console again and follow the above steps for booting into Safe mode.
One of these tricks shall definitely work out and help you boot your console into safe mode. You can then play with the most basic functionalities of your PS5 to deal with any kind of issue. You can even update the PlayStation5 system software from the safe mode itself.
The Safe Mode on PS5 is one of the best ways to resolve any occasional problems with the console. If you are encountering any type of problems while using the PS5, you can simply switch to the safe mode and have a deeper look at what might be causing such an issue. Besides, booting your console into the safe mode is pretty simple as you have already seen. We have also mentioned how to power cycle your PlayStation 5, which may come in handy if you are having trouble booting into the safe mode.