Some Hulu users complain about an error that shows up when they are watching a movie or a TV series. The error comes with error codes PLAUNK65 and PLRUNK15. There’s also an error message that says, “We encountered an error playing this video.” And it requests you to restart the video or watch something else.
Sometimes users successfully avoid the error by restarting the video. But if the error is persistent and you are getting annoyed by it, you need to solve it. Now, you don’t have to worry, because you have come to the right place. We will discuss some troubleshooting steps that will help you with the Hulu error codes PLAUNK65 and PLRUNK15.
Table of Contents
- 1 What causes Hulu Error Codes PLAUNK65 and PLRUNK15?
- 2 Solutions to Hulu error codes PLAUNK65 and PLRUNK15:
What causes Hulu Error Codes PLAUNK65 and PLRUNK15?
Hulu error codes PLAUNK65 and PLRUNK15 are playback errors, that typically appears when you are enjoying your favorite TV series on Hulu. While the error code PLRUNK15 is mostly associated with Roku TV, the error code PLAUNK65 can happen on any devices like Android, or iOS.
Here is a list of possible reasons that can create the error codes PLAUNK65 and PLRUNK15:
- Your streaming device is outdated.
- The Ad Blocker is interfering with Hulu’s servers
- Connectivity problems
- Corrupted data in the cache
Solutions to Hulu error codes PLAUNK65 and PLRUNK15:
Solution 1: Restart your Hulu app
Before you move down to different solutions, try restarting your Hulu app. Just exit the app. Then, turn off your device. After a few minutes, switch on your device and go to your Hulu app again. Reload the movie or TV show that was showing the error earlier. See if you can play that movie or TV show after you restart your Hulu app.
Solution 2: Uninstall Ad Blocker
We know ads are the most irritating thing about Hulu. To stop the ads, you may have checked the Limit Ad Tracking option in the Settings. Some people also install a DNS level ad blocker to get an uninterrupted streaming experience. But if you see the error codes PLAUNK65 and PLRUNK15, then the ad blocker may be interfering with Hulu’s servers. To solve this issue, you have to uninstall the ad blocker. After you uninstall the ad blocker, check for the error on your Hulu app.
Solution 3: Restart your Roku TV
Restarting your Roku TV will improve the server connection. So, follow these steps given below to restart your Roku TV.
- First, turn off your Roku TV.
- Unplug it from the power source.
- You have to wait for some time.
- Then plug the TV back to the power source.
- Turn the TV On and see if you find any error on the Hulu app.
Solution 4: Update your Streaming Device (Roku TV)
If your streaming device is not updated, then the firmware of the device gets weak, which results in many errors like the Hulu error codes PLAUNK65 and PLRUNK15. Here, we have given steps to update Roku TV. If you are using Roku TV to watch Hulu, then follow these steps.
- Go to the Home Menu.
- Turn On Roku.
- Navigate to Settings > System > System Update.
- Click “Check Now“
- If you have any pending updates, download it.
If the error is present even after you update your streaming device, go to the next solution.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Hulu app on your Roku TV
If you still see the errors on your Hulu app, you should try uninstalling and then reinstalling the application. Follow these steps
To uninstall Hulu from Roku TV
- Choose the asterisk or Star button on Roku remote.
- Click on the “Remove Channel” option.
To reinstall Hulu on Roku TV.
- Navigate to the Roku Channel Store.
- Search for the Hulu app.
- Then, click on the “Add Channel” option.
After you reinstall Hulu, open it and check for the errors.
Solution 6: Clear the Cache
The error code PLAUNK65 is not limited to Roku devices, and it can happen on devices like Android, Windows, or smart TVs. To solve the error code PLAUNK65, you need to clear the cache on whichever device you are using to watch Hulu.
- For Roku TV,
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Then, press the “Home” button five times, the “Up” button once, the “Rewind” button twice, the “Fast Forward” button twice.
- After that, the Roku TV will clear its cache and restart in about 30 seconds.
- For Apple TV, uninstall the Hulu app to clear cache and data. Then, reinstall the application to check for the error.
- For Xbox One,
- Select the Menu and click on “My Games and Apps.”
- Then, choose “Apps.”
- Select “Hulu” and then click on the Menu button on your controller.
- Now, select the “Manage Apps” option.
- Then, click on the “Clear saved data” option.
- For Play Station,
- Switch off the device.
- Unplug the power cord and wait for some time.
- You have to plug in the power cord.
- Turn on the device. See if you can find the error again.
Hulu is a popular platform to stream on-demand movies and TV series. Despite Hulu’s excellent service, users complain about errors from time to time. While some mistakes are a result of a mere connectivity issue, other errors need your proper attention.
In this article, we discussed Hulu error codes PLAUNK65 and PLRUNK15. If you are struggling with these errors, we will advise you to go through the solutions carefully. We hope one of the solutions mentioned above will help you with the error. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.