Blizzard Entertainment has been known for its stunning video games for years, and Overwatch 2 is the latest hero shooter video game which becomes quite popular among multiplayer gamers. It’s a sequel to Overwatch that offers a fresh multiplayer experience in PvP and PvE modes.
There are several platforms on which this game can be played, including PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and S. While many users enjoy this game, they may occasionally encounter issues.
In the meantime, multiple topics are being discussed on the game’s original form and Reddit regarding Overwatch 2 sound not working on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X and S. Overwatch 2 might not load due to several reasons, including corrupted game files, interfering game extensions, conflicting permissions, and a malfunctioning console.
According to critics, the new Overwatch 2 game is quite slow compared to the former versions. The sound not working issue has been addressed multiple times since the game launched, but not all of them have been helpful. So if you’re experiencing similar problems, read to the end of this post for troubleshooting tips.
- How to Fix Overwatch 2 Sound Issue on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S
- Fix 1: Restart Your Device
- Fix 2: Check the Internet Connection
- Fix 3: Clear Game Cache Data
- Fix 4: Reconnect HDMI Cable
- Fix 5: Re-Login Your Account
- Fix 6: Use Another Microphone/Audio Device
- Fix 7: Check for Physical Damage
- Fix 8: Update Overwatch 2 Game
- Fix 9: Check Blizzard Servers
- Fix 10: Reinstall Overwatch 2 Game
How to Fix Overwatch 2 Sound Issue on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S
Various fixes are available to fix the Overwatch 2 sound not working issue on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. So, if you are facing this problem, make sure to perform the fixes we have mentioned below:
Fix 1: Restart Your Device
Most often, a technical glitch, not the game’s fault, prevents the sound from working. Changing the settings on your PlayStation console can solve this problem. Once you have turned off your Console, turn it on after 5 minutes. In addition to turning off your PlayStation Console, you should also unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
Fix: Overwatch 2 Hero Challenges Not Working Error
Overwatch 2 Voice Chat Not Working, How to Fix?
Fix: Overwatch 2 Error ‘Sorry We Were Unable to Log You’
Overwatch 2 Best Graphics Settings for 3070, 3080, 3090, 1060, 1070, 2060, 2080, and More
Does Overwatch 2 Support Split Screen?
Fix: Overwatch 2 League Tokens Not Showing Up After Purchase
How To Fix The Mobile Authentication Error On Overwatch 2
Fix: Overwatch 2 FPS Drop on Nintendo Switch | Increase Performance
Fix: Overwatch 2 Not Showing Friends List or New Request
Fix 2: Check the Internet Connection
PlayStation checks if the game can connect to the internet whenever a multiplayer game is started. To ensure a good connection, ensure that your Wifi/internet connection is functional and has a good speed. Alternatively, you can disable the Wifi and restart the game if you do not wish to play multiplayer. If Overwatch 2 sound is not working, this fixes the problem most of the time.
Fix 3: Clear Game Cache Data
Whenever you play a game, it creates a local cache to help the game run smoothly. It is possible that the game sound is not working if this cache data is corrupted or not configured properly. You should unplug the PlayStation’s power cord when the Console is running. If you do this, any cached data will be cleared immediately.
Fix 4: Reconnect HDMI Cable
You may be unable to hear the sound of Overwatch 2 due to problems with the HDMI cable connected to the TV. Ensure your HDMI cable is connected and see if the problem has been resolved. To do this:
- You can easily disconnect your HDMI cable from your TV by simply unplugging it.
- Don’t forget to reconnect your HDMI cable to your TV.
It is also important to check whether the HDMI cable has been physically damaged. In that case, you may need to find another cable.
Fix 5: Re-Login Your Account
According to some reports, the issue might be resolved by signing out and signing back into the PlayStation profile account.
- Initially, go to Settings and click on the Account Management tab.
- Next, press the Sign Out button on your controller to exit.
- Once you’ve confirmed your action, you can press your controller’s O or X buttons.
- First, go to the PS5’s Settings.
- On the User Accounts page, click Other.
- Finally, click the Sign Out button.
- After you have completed the procedure, you will need to wait two minutes before you can sign into your Playstation Network account again. Check if the problem has been resolved afterward by joining another voice chat.
- To open the guide menu, click on the Xbox button > Select Profile & system.
- Next, select Sign out > The profile you saved will be available the next time you log in.
- Then open the profile & system menu by pressing the Xbox button again.
- To sign in, select Add or switch > Choose New > Enter your sign-in information following the on-screen instructions.
Fix 6: Use Another Microphone/Audio Device
Using a different microphone on your Console may help determine whether the issue persists. The previous microphone or audio device has some issues if another microphone or audio device is working fine. In addition, you should check the audio port properly since it may be damaged or dirty. This trick helps fix Overwatch 2 audio problem on PS4, PS5, Microsoft Xbox One, and Microsoft Xbox Series X/S for some affected players.
Fix 7: Check for Physical Damage
It’s possible that the Console’s audio port may have suffered physical damage or that the audio device itself is malfunctioning. Be sure the wire is not torn when you use a wired microphone or audio device.
Overwatch 2 Stuck in Queue Error, How to Fix?
How to Earn League Tokens in Overwatch 2
Fix: Overwatch 2 applying update stuck error
Best Overwatch 2 Pharah Counter
Fix: Overwatch 2 Error Starting Game Try Again
How to Enter Custom Game Codes in Overwatch 2
How to Fix Overwatch 2 Rendering Device Lost Error
Fix: Overwatch 2 Battle Pass Credits Not Working or Not Showing Up
Fix 8: Update Overwatch 2 Game
Over the years, Blizzard has released several patches for Overwatch 2 aimed at resolving audio issues. Therefore, if there are any updates, checking for them is a good idea. The PS4/PS5 settings menu > update tab is where you can check for updates.
Fix 9: Check Blizzard Servers
To run Overwatch 2, the game uses Blizzard servers since it is a multiplayer game. There are also times when Blizzard services go into maintenance mode, resulting in the game sound not working issue. It would be helpful if you could confirm that the Blizzard servers are running correctly.
- Open the Console> Overwatch 2 > Status of the servers.
- You can check from here if your Console is currently supporting and running the game server.
Fix 10: Reinstall Overwatch 2 Game
If none of the above troubleshooting fixes work for you, the game may be corrupt. You shouldn’t worry about this; just simply uninstall the game from your Console and reinstall it.
So, that’s how to fix the Overwatch 2 sound not working issue on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. Therefore, we conclude this guide from this, and we hope you find this guide helpful. Nevertheless, if you would like more information, please comment below.