Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (codename: daisy) was launched in the year July 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Recently this device has received the official TWRP recovery support. So, on this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. This guide contains both the written instruction and video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on installing TWRP Recovery and Root your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, you will need to unlock the bootloader to install any third-party file. Then you will be capable of installing TWRP Custom Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite features a 5.84 inches IPS LCD with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm) processor. The handset packs a 32/64GB variant with 3/4GB of RAM. Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite sports a dual rear camera with 12MP + 5MP camera and a Single Selfie camera with a 5MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on the Android 8.1 Oreo software package and backed by a 4000 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader on the back.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (daisy)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (daisy) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- USB Drivers: Xiaomi USB Drivers | Qualcomm
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
|Version||V3.4.0 and Higher|
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrp name.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty, and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite by overclocking.
- By rooting, you can increase battery life by underclocking Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Guide to Root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite via SuperSU
Guide to Root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
steady, your article / release is very useful for people in need
your article, very clear and useful. But I face some problems when following strictly your notes..
When trying to unlock bootloader with the Mi Flash Tool, the following message prompts “add your account and device in MIUI’s settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock status” ….
and on my device (A2 Lite), on the “Developer options”, the “Mi unlock status” option doesn’t show, and therefor, I can not bind the device with the Mi Account.
Did you activate the OEM unlock status??
Yes I had the OEM unlock option activated.
Anyway, I found an alternative way to unlock bootloader, easier and that worked perfectly …..
BOOTLOADER UNLOCK for A2 Lite
When formatting data via twrp, how do you install the zip file, while the internal is not there?
And I have tried the data mining format a2 my bootloop can’t enter the menu
This is for A2 Lite
I have this message when trying to install twrp recovery :
target reported max download size of 534773760 bytes
FAILED (remote: rollback version downgrade)
finished. total time: 0.022s
Any idea what the problem is ?