Post last updated on 8th February 2018: Sony recently unveiled the latest device known as Sony Xperia XZ1 which comes out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Now we have a good news for you. Yes, you can now install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1.
Talking about the specs, Sony Xperia XZ1 features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Sony Xperia XZ1 comes with 19MP rear Camera with EIS (gyro), predictive phase detection and laser autofocus, LED flash and 13MP front shooting camera. The device is backed by 2700 mAh battery with Fast battery charging capabilities. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the side.
Today we will guide on How to Root and Install TWRP For Sony Xperia XZ1. TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which is often unsupported by stock recovery images.
In this guide, you can download and install the TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1. This is not an official TWRP For Sony Xperia XZ1. Download now and enjoy Custom Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1. The TWRP Recovery comes with 3.1.1-0 version which has a Material Design, Touch Screen Support, and Encryption mode.
If you want to unleash the full power of Android Modding, then flashing TWRP Recovery is the first priority to get all modding ability on your Sony Xperia XZ1. If you have a TWRP Recovery for Sony Xperia XZ1, you can always try Custom ROM, Kernel, Xposed, Rooting, Mods, etc in few simple steps.
Rooting Procedure is followed only after installing the TWRP Recovery on your Phone. If you want to try only Rooting procedure, we recommend following How to Root any Android Phone without PC.
How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1
This is a guide to Install latest TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1. Download the Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1 today and Read the steps below. This is not an official TWRP Recovery For Sony Xperia XZ1 from TWRP Team. If you install any Custom Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1, you can install Custom ROM, Custom Mods, Custom Kernels or any zip file such as Xposed. Read the guide carefully on How to Root and Install TWRP on Sony Xperia XZ1.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
To install TWRP Recovery or any Custom Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1, you must have an Unlocked Bootloader. If your phone doesn’t have an Unlocked Bootloader, first of all, you should go and unlock the bootloader of your phone. Only after doing so you can safely apply everything that’s detailed in this tutorial.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- You can flash Custom ROM with TWRP Recovery
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to use Xposed Modules’
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- List of Supported Devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- This Guide is for How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia XZ1.
- You need either Laptop or PC.
- Download Chainfire Super SU.zip
- Charge your phone for at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here and Extract it.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
- Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact Review: Truly Unique Phone
- Download Install 47.1.A.5.51 November Security for Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact
- Sony Xperia XZ1 Stock Firmware Collections
- List of Project Treble Supported Android Phones
Download Required Files
Download TWRP Recovery (Latest)
Steps to Install TWRP on Xperia XZ1
- First of all, You need to Enable Developer Options on Android Phone.
- Now activate the developer option and enable USB debugging from developer option.
- Now Download the ADB Fastboot tool and Extract it on your PC.
- Now open the ADB Fastboot extracted folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the Phone to PC with USB Cable.
- Now check whether your device is connected to Command window properly by typing the command.
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – To reboot, type the following Command from below in your Command window that you opened.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into bootloader, If it doesn’t boot, then please make sure your cable and usb drivers have been installed properly.
- Now type the below command on your command window.
This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- To flash the recovery, kernel and boot img, Type the command. (Please make sure the name of TWRP image, if you renamed it to recovery.img, then after the flash recovery, type recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash FOTAKernel boot.img
Now if it shows the command like this then reboot your device. TWRP has successfully installed. Enjoy
- Follow this step to Reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
I hope this guide was helpful to root and Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1, If yes then please give the star rating. If not leave a message, We will help you.