Motorola Moto G Power (codename: sofia) launched in February 2020. The handset came with Android 10 Q. On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Moto G Power. This guide contains both the written instruction and video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery on Moto G Power.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Moto G Power device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Moto G Power Specifications:
The Moto G Power comes with a 6.4-inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2300 pixels that has a pixel density of 399 ppi and more than 83% screen-to-body ratio. It runs on Android 10 and powered by Snapdragon 665 processor along with Adreno 610 GPU. The handset packs 4GB of RAM and 64GB of eMMC 5.1 storage with a dedicated microSD card slot.
It packs a triple rear camera setup of 16MP (wide, f/1.7) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + 2MP (macro, f/2.2) lens with an LED flash, PDAF, HDR, Panorama, etc. It supports 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps video recording with gyro-EIS. While the front packs a 16MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie shooter with HDR mode. It features 1080p@30/120fps video recording.
The handset sports a 3.5mm headphone jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, FM Radio, USB 2.0 Type-C port. It packs a giant 5,000mAh battery with 10W charging. The device features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyro, an ambient light, proximity sensor.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Moto G Power using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Moto G Power
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Moto G Power
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Moto G Power.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G Power
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Moto G Power model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Moto G Power bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Moto G Power device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Moto G Power, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Moto G Power by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Moto G Power.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Moto G Power.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
Steps to Root Moto G Power
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.