Want to install a custom recovery on your Nubia Red Magic 5G NX659J? then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will help you to install TWRP Recovery on the Nubia Red Magic 5G device. This guide contains both the written instruction and video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP on Nubia Red Magic 5G.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Nubia Red Magic 5G device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Nubia Red Magic 5G NX659J Specifications
The Nubia Red Magic 5G features a 6.65 inches AMOLED display that comes with a Full HD+ display, which comes with pixels of 1080 x 2340. It also comes with an aspect ratio of 19:5:9, a pixel density of 388 Pixel Per Inch (PPI), a screen to body ratio of 82.5 percent, and a massive screen refresh rate of 144Hz.
Underneath the Nubia Red Magic 5G, it sports the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, which is built on the 7nm process. We have seen this Soc in many other smartphones now. This is an octa-core SoC, and the setup includes a single Kryo 585 core, which clocks at a higher speed i.e., at 2.84 GHz, other three Kryo 585 cores which clock at 2.42 GHz. And finally, four Kryo 585 core, which clocks at 1.80 GHz. To the GPU side, it has the Adreno 650 GPU. Coming to the memory side, it sports 8, 12, and 16GB of RAM. And it has 128 and 256GB of UFS 3.0 storage. The smartphone runs on Redmagic 3.0, which is based on Android 10.
Coming to the optics, the Nubia Red Magic 5G sports a triple rear camera setup, which is arranged in a vertical manner to the center. This has a primary 64MP sensor with an aperture, the value of f/.18, and PDAF. Further, it gets an 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with f/2.0 aperture. Finally, it gets a 2MP depth sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4. This device also gets an LED flash, and it is capable of HDR and panoramas. It can also shoot videos in 8K resolution, to the front, the device sports an 8MP sensor with an aperture value of f/2.0.
The Nubia Red Magic 5G packs a 4,500 mAh battery that supports for 55W fast charging tech. The brand claims that it can do up to 56% in just 15 minutes and 100% in 40 minutes. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, GPS with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, NFC, and USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Talking about the biometric options available, it comes with an optical in-display fingerprint scanner, and also support for face unlock. This device is available in six color options, namely the Eclipse Black, Hot Rod Red, Black, Mars Red, Cyber Neon, and Transparent.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Nubia Red Magic 5G using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Nubia Red Magic 5G
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Nubia Red Magic 5G
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Nubia Red Magic 5G.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Nubia Red Magic 5G
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Nubia Red Magic 5G NX659J model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Nubia Red Magic 5G bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- TWRP Recovery 3.4.1 for Nubia Red Magic 5G
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- Nubia USB Drivers | MTK USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Nubia Red Magic 5G device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Nubia Red Magic 5G, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Nubia Red Magic 5G by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Nubia Red Magic 5G.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Nubia Red Magic 5G.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Nubia Red Magic 5G, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Nubia Red Magic 5GGuide to Root Nubia Red Magic 5G via SuperSU Guide to Root Nubia Red Magic 5G via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.