On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Poco F4 GT (ingres). This guide contains both written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery on Poco F4 GT.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Poco F4 GT device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Poco F4 GT Device Overview:
The Poco F4 GT features a 6.67 inches AMOLED panel with a 120 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. We get Gorilla Glass Victus protection at the front of the device. Under the hood, we get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor built on a 4 nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with one Cortex X2 core clocked at 3.0 GHz, three Cortex-A710 cores clocked at 2.5 GHz and four Cortex-A510 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 730. The smartphone comes with Android 12 out of the box with MIUI 13 skin running on top of it.
In terms of optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The triple rear camera setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 2MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The selfie camera at the front is a 20MP primary sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The rear camera system can capture 4K videos at 60 fps, while the front camera is limited to 1080p video recording at 60 fps.
The smartphone comes with two storage options: 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage + 12GB RAM. We also do not get a MicroSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, Infrared port, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, compass, and color spectrum. Powering it all is a 4,700 mAh battery that can be topped up quickly using a 120W power adapter. The company claims that the smartphone can go from 0 to 100 in just 17 mins. The smartphone is available in three color options: Stealth Black, Knight Silver, and Cyber Yellow.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – Wikipedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Poco F4 GT using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Poco F4 GT
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Poco F4 GT
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Poco F4 GT.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery For Poco F4 GT (ingres)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Poco F4 GT (ingres) model. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Poco F4 GT bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device is connected or not:
Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery_a twrp.img
fastboot flash recovery_b twrp.img
- Then reboot in TWRP manually or using a fastboot command
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Poco F4 GT device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Poco F4 GT, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Poco F4 GT by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Poco F4 GT.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Poco F4 GT.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Poco F4 GT, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Poco F4 GT
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.