If you are using Realme X (Model: RMX1901) smartphone and want to root then you’re in the right place. You can now Install TWRP Recovery on Realme X and root using Magisk. Thanks to XDA Senior member mauronofrio for porting this ROM on the forum.
Here in this article, we will cover all the basic details, requirements, download links, and installation steps completely. If you’re an advanced user or a developer, you may know that installing TWRP Recovery and rooting a device can make a huge difference in user experience. You can simply do a lot of things or customizations after installing TWRP Recovery and gaining root access. You will be able to flash Custom ROMs, install Mods, perform backup and restore, installing root, and more.
- 1 Realme X: Overview and Specs
- 2 TWRP Recovery: Overview
- 3 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme X (RMX1901)
- 4 Steps to Root Realme X (RMX1901)
Realme X: Overview and Specs
The Realme X is a flagship device offering from the company and it blows other phones in the same price tag out of the water. The Realme X is powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 which despite not being of a flagship series is still a very powerful and efficient processor and comes toe to toe with the Snapdragon 845 and 855. With this processor in hand, you can expect zero frame drops in graphic intensive games like PUBG, even on the highest of the settings available. The phone also comes with 8 Gigabytes of RAM as the standard and we feel this is a sweet spot, both for future-proofing as well as continued usage in today’s era.
Easily the best aspect and the attention grabber of the Realme X is the big and vibrant 6.53 inch 1080×2340 display. Not only is the display AMOLED but it is also fully notch-less, and instead puts the front-facing camera in a motorized popup style just like the Redmi K20 Pro and the OnePlus 7 Pro. Other specifications include a base storage variant of 128 Gigabytes and all with a pretty decently sized battery holding a capacity of 3765 mAh. The camera unit is also really impressed with this smartphone. It sports a dual lens arrangement in the rear including a 48 Megapixel primary shooter and a secondary 5 MP lens used for additional depth sensing. The front camera that comes included in the motorized popup is a 16 Megapixel one which is great for people who rely largely on social media apps that use the front-facing camera.
Now, we will talk about the TWRP Recovery and its advantages and then installation steps.
TWRP Recovery: Overview
TWRP full form is “Team Win Recovery Project”. It let the user flash recovery files and ROM files over ZIP or image extension easily with a simple and fully-featured User Interface. The TWRP is so much popular and widely used by the users and developers all over the world. Here we have mentioned some of the advantages of installing TWRP Recovery on your device.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Flash Custom ROM.
- Flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP.
- Root and Unroot with SuperSU.
- Install Magisk for root and unroot.
- Flash GApps package as well.
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP Recovery.
- Flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Realme X.
- Remove all bloatware using TWRP.
- You can underclock and overclock the system performance.
- Perform clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme X (RMX1901)
We will share you the full depth guide on how to download and install TWRP recovery on Realme X (RMX1901) handset. After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several Mods, flash ROMs, take backup & restores, and more. Follow the download links and requirements as well. Then check the full depth guide completely.
- TWRP Recovery file: Download Here
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- Realme USB Driver – Download and Install on your PC
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
- This guide and file are only supported on Realme X (RMX1901). Don’t use it on other devices.
- You will require to unlock bootloader on Realme X. (Process will be the same)
- Charge your device battery up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup without Root of your device data.
- You will need a USB cable and a PC/Laptop to connect your phone with the computer.
Installation Guide using ADB fastboot method:
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
- Rename the TWRP image file to recovery. That’s important!
- Download and install or extract the Android SDK or ADB Folder. (C:\ADB & Fastboot)
- Now, open the command window on the same adb folder by pressing and holding the Shift key + right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select the “Open PowerShell window here” or Command Window option.
- Turn off your phone and connect to the PC via a USB Cable.
- Next, Press and hold the Volume Down + Power key together for a few seconds to boot into Fastboot mode.
- Now enter the following command and hit enter:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once you are done, you can reboot your phone using the following command:
You’re done. You have installed TWRP Successfully.
Steps to Root Realme X (RMX1901)
In order to root your phone, you will need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Realme X without PC or Computer. Here in this guide, we will share how to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone.
What is Rooting?
Rooting for Android means similar to the jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. It will give you the superuser access as an administrator to use your device over an Android subsystem and system apps.
Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable). But it will give you some unleash power and access to change or edit the system settings, themes, icons, install other mod files, etc.
Advantages of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Realme X, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking device.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Realme X.
- You can block Ads on any applications.
- By Rooting Realme X, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Realme X:
Here is the guide on how to root Realme X smartphone. Make sure to follow only one method, either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.Guide to Install SuperSU on Your Device Guide to Install Magisk and Magisk Manager
Hope that you have successfully installed TWRP and enabled root access on your Realme X device. In case if you’re facing any issue, feel free to ask in the comments down below.