Installing TWRP Recovery and Rooting your Android device now becomes quite easy and useful too. Here in this guide, we will share with you the steps on How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Realme X2 Pro (Model: RMX1931) device easily. The TWRP Recovery installation process will also require unlocking the device bootloader. So, we will share how to Unlock the Realme X2 Pro Bootloader guide as well.
The smartphone OEMs don’t provide an unlocked bootloader for some security reasons. Whereas unlocking the device bootloader will come in handy to install custom recovery as well. The Custom Recovery tools will be like TWRP, CWM, etc. Here we will use the TWRP Recovery. By installing the TWRP Recovery, you can easily flash firmware files, install root, take a full backup, and more.
Realme X2 Pro Specifications: Overview
The Realme X2 Pro sports a 6.5-inches Super AMOLED 90Hz refresh rate display of 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution. The display also supports HDR10+ content having a 1000 nits maximum brightness level. While the handset comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on both sides with an aluminum frame.
It’s powered by the flagship octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ SoC, coupled with Adreno 640 GPU. There is 6GB/8GB/12GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS3.0 of internal storage options available on this device. It runs on the Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 out-of-the-box and upgradable to Android 10 over ColorOS 6.1 skin.
In terms of the camera department, the Realme X2 Pro packs a rear 64MP wide-angle (f/1.8) lens, an 8MP ultrawide camera (f/2.2), a 13MP telephoto (f/2.4) lens, and a 2MP depth sensor (f/2.4) lens. While the front features a 16MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
The device packs with some of the major sensors like an optical in-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, and compass sensor. Whereas the handset sports a 4,000mAh battery with 65W Super VOOC Flash Charge fast charging technology.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It basically lets the user flash custom recovery files, firmware files, root files easily on their Android smartphones. The firmware and other zip files can be easily flashed by this tool. Thanks to the XDA member mauronofrio for sharing the TWRP Recovery for Realme X2 Pro.
Meanwhile, you can also install or flash the custom recovery files, Xposed Modules, etc on your device. Additionally, creating the Nandroid backups & restores, factory reset, install GApps, etc can be done easily.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Realme X2 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Realme X2 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Realme X2 Pro.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Realme X2 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Now, let’s check how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Realme X2 Pro device.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Realme X2 Pro (RMX1931)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Realme X2 Pro (RMX1931) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Realme X2 Pro bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download and Install the latest Realme USB Drivers on the computer.
Instructions to install
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on Realme X2 Pro (RMX1931) device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.