On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery and root your Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G Specifications:
The Mi 10 Lite 5G features for 6.57 inches AMOLED TrueColor display with a Full HD+ resolution, and with an older waterdrop-style notch. It also has an aspect ratio of 19:5:9, a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels, and a pixel density of 392 Pixel Per Inch ( PPI ). This AMOLED display also comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner. While talking about the internals, the Mi 10 Lite sports the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G which is built on the 7nm process. Of course, we have seen this SoC in ZTE Axon 11, Realme X50, and Xiaomi’s own Redmi K30 5G.
This octa-core setup includes one Kryo 475 Prime core, one Kryo 475 Gold core, and six Kryo 475 silver cores. To the GPU side, it sports the Adreno 620 GPU. Talking about the memory side, it comes with 6, and 8GB of RAM. And only with 128GB of UFS 2.1 onboard storage. Further, this is also expandable via the micro SD card slot available. The device runs on the MiUi 11 that is based on Android 10.
Coming to the optics side, the Mi 10 Lite sports a quad rear camera setup that is arranged in a different manner from the Mi 10. In fact, this looks better than the premium Mi 10, and Mi 10 Pro. This camera setup includes a primary 48MP sensor with an aperture value of f/1.8 and PDAF. This sensor pairs with an 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with an aperture value of f/2.2, and a tertiary 5MP macro sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4. And finally, this setup also includes a 2MP depth sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4. To the front, the device comes with a 16MP sensor with an aperture value of f/2.5.
This time Xiaomi has included a 4,160 mAh battery on this device. This also supports for 20W fast charging, and charges over the USB type C port. It is available in three color options namely the Black, Blue, and White. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot. Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE. GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS. And USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Sensors on this include accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Surprisingly, this also comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack. Coming to the pricing of the device, it starts at Eur 349.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite (monet)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite (monet) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
|Version||V3.4.2 and Higher|
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.