Activision Blizzard has recently acknowledged that within a few days of the launch, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 has become a massive hit and crossed 25 million active players across the globe. This free-to-play battle royale video game has been released as an add-on to COD Modern Warfare 2. Though there are several errors or issues, plenty of CoD Warzone 2 players facing the ‘We Need Permission to Continue’ on the Battle.net error while playing online.
If you’re one of the victims of such an issue, follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it. This specific error only happens for the Battle.net client users on the PC during getting into the online multiplayer mode quite often. Some unfortunate players claim that there is no particular fix available yet. Still, we’ve mentioned a couple of possible workarounds for you that can help resolve such an issue. So, let’s jump into the guide below.
All Warzone 2 DMZ Key Locations and Map
Warzone 2 Fetching Online Profile or Data Error, How to Fix?
Fix: Warzone 2 DMZ Mode Taking too Long to Load or Start
Fix: COD Warzone 2 Controller Not Working or Not Detected Error
All New Bosses in Warzone 2 DMZ Season 3
Fix: CoD Warzone 2 We Need Permission to Continue the Battle.net Error
It becomes one of the common issues among the Warzone 2.0 players for the PC version that can easily ruin the multiplayer gaming experience. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
1. Reboot the PC
It’s highly recommended to restart your PC after closing the game and Battle.net client. Mostly a normal reboot of the system may fix multiple temporary glitches or cache data issues. So, you can try it out.
2. Repair Game Files
Sometimes corrupted or missing game files on the PC may trigger some issues with the game launching or running smoothly. Make sure to verify the game files and repair them via the Steam or Battle.net client by following the steps below:
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Click on the Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 game.
- Now, click on OPTIONS (Gear icon) > Click on Scan and Repair.
- Choose Begin Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, close the Battle.net launcher, and restart your PC.
3. Update COD Warzone 2.0
In some scenarios, it’s always a better idea to update the game version because an outdated game patch version can trigger several potential issues on the gaming device that leads to crashes, lags, stutters, CPU/GPU-related issues, and more. To do so:
- Open the Battle.net (Blizzard) launcher.
- Click on the Blizzard logo from the top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Click on Game Install/Update.
- Click on Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games to enable it.
- Now, click on Done to save changes > Restart the Battle.net launcher to apply changes.
- It should automatically update the game to the available version.
4. Disable Antivirus Protection
Make sure to turn off the Windows Defender antivirus program on your PC to ensure there is no antivirus software blocking the game files. To do so:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Open Windows Security > Go to Virus & threat protection.
- Now, click on Manage settings > Just turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
Note: If in case, you’re using any third-party antivirus software on the PC then simply open the program and turn off the real-time protection feature.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.