The new iOS 16 is rolling out for Apple devices. The newest version of apple’s operating system is adding more features to the already feature-rich iOS 15. But after updating to iOS 16, people have faced issues like they can not uninstall applications from their iPhones or iPad.
Deleting an application is quite simple and easy, but sometimes a problem occurs when deleting the application, and it is frustrating. This article has all the solutions to fix your problem. After going through this article, you can delete your application from your iPhone or iPad running on iOS 16.
Every mobile device lets you delete or install applications on your wish. But there are certain applications that you can not delete as they are system applications and these applications are required for your mobile to function correctly.
Fix: Can’t Delete Apps on iPhone and iPad Running iOS 16
If you are facing trouble while deleting applications from your device running on iOS 16, here are the steps you can try by yourself and fix this issue.
Sometimes you can not delete your application because your organization installs it and it is not your personal device, and you cannot make changes to it.
Method 1: Remove the Device’s restrictions
Some applications are restricted by screen time, meaning you can not use or manage that application after the screen time set by you or someone else in the settings.
The first step to fixing your issue is checking with yourself. If the problem is a problem or just changed settings. Check the screen restrictions for the application if they are on, turn them off.
- Open settings on your iPhone, Tap on screen ti
- Now, tap on contents and privacy restrictions.
- Tap on iTunes purchases and enter the screen time passcode.
- Touch deleting apps and choose to allow. You will be able to delete your application now.
Method 2: Restart your iPhone/iPad
If the setting above is not changed or you don’t have any restrictions on the screen time. Try restarting your iPhone/iPad to give it a fresh start and deleting your application.
Method 3: Delete half downloaded application
iPhone uses the term waiting for applications that are not fully downloaded yet. If you have seen any application icons with name waiting on it. The first thing is to remove those applications. This happens mainly due to low storage or your wifi/cellular is slow
- Tap and hold the waiting application.
- You will see a Cancel Download option, tap on it.
- If you don’t see this option you can delete the application using the minus (-) option in the corner of the application.
Method 4: Reset your iPhone/iPad settings
If you were able to delete the application before and now you have made some changes to the settings that you don’t remember, and you can not delete your application now, then you can try to reset your iPhone settings.
- Open the settings of your iPhone.
- Go to general and then reset.
- You will “Reset all settings” and tap on it.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- You should be able to delete your application now
Method 5: Reset Your iPhone/iPad
If you are very annoyed by that one application that is bothering you day or night or talking all your space. You can take this extreme steps of resetting your iPhone.
- Go to your settings and then general, Tap on reset.
- Tap on the “Erase all contents and settings” option.
- Enter your passcode and press okay.
- Your phone/iPad will be reset to factory settings.
Deleting applications on your iPhone or iPad is easy but the new iOS 16 has a new UI, and there can be some issues with deleting your application on your iPhone/iPad. This article provided you with the best steps or settings you can change to delete your application