Lost Ark is an isometric 2.5D fantasy massively multiplayer online action RPG that has been developed by Tripod Studio and Smilegate RPG back in December 2019. It did release in South Korea in December 2019 and doing really well since its launch. Now, if you’re already playing Lost Ark for a while on the PC then you might have experienced the Error 105 Corrupted Data Found in the Lost Ark game. If so, you can follow this guide to quickly resolve it.
If you’re getting the corrupted data found error during the gameplay or even launching the Lost Ark game then the chances are high that some of the important game files are unable to load properly or have some issues whatsoever. Such things may cause the game to encounter startup crashing issues. Well, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds below that should gonna help you out. Now, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
- How to Fix Error 105 Corrupted Data Found in Lost Ark
How to Fix Error 105 Corrupted Data Found in Lost Ark
If we take a quick look into it, the chances are high that issues with the game mod files, problems with the installed game location, issues with the game configuration files, Steam overlay issues, background running tasks, VPN or security software-related issues, outdated system, etc may cause such errors. While corrupted or missing game files can also trigger the error 105 corrupted data found on the PC while running the Lost Ark game.
1. Delete Mod Files
If you’re using any of the game mods while playing Lost Ark on your PC then you might find out issues with the game launching or during the gameplay. So, it’s recommended to simply delete the mod files and download them again to cross-check for the issue. However, if you’re unable to delete it then you’ll have to remove the lock on it by using any other application like Lockhunter.
2. Try Installing the game on a different drive
It’s also worth recommending to try installing the Lost Ark video game on a different drive after uninstalling it from the existing drive. Sometimes issues with the game installation or low storage space on the specific drive may trigger multiple problems with the game running.
3. Changing Configuration Files
You should have to make some changes in your game configuration files which may fix multiple issues sometimes. Head over to File Explorer > Select the specific drive that you’ve saved Lost Ark. Next, go to Program Files > Open the Steam folder > Open the steamapps folder > Navigate to the common folder > Lost Ark > EFGame > Open the Config file. Then open the file via Notepad and change the fullscreen – 1 and borderless – 0 then save changes.
4. Disable Steam Overlay
Sometimes the background running Steam overlay app may cause issues with the game launching or running. Make sure to open up your Steam client > Go to the Steam menu > Click on Settings > You can find the In-game overlay option > Enable Steam Overlay. Once done, apply settings and restart your Steam client to apply changes.
5. Close Background Tasks
The chances are high that unnecessary background running tasks or programs may also trigger multiple issues because those can consume additional system resources on the PC. To do so:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click to select tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it > Do the same steps for all unnecessary tasks one by one.
- Once done, restart your system to apply changes.
6. Disable VPN
You should also try disabling the VPN service on your PC to check for the issue. In some cases, using the virtual private network to play the game may trigger server connectivity errors whatsoever. So, make sure to turn off VPN while playing the game to cross-check the issue.
7. Disable Security Programs
Make sure to simply disable security programs on your Windows PC to check for the issue because aggressive antivirus or firewall programs may block the game files to run properly. To do so:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Similarly, you have to turn off the Windows Security protection too. Just follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, you’ll need to simply turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
8. Update Windows
It seems that an outdated system version may trigger issues with the game launching. You should always check for Windows updates and install the latest version completely. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
9. Update Necessary Drivers
If you’re feeling that there are some drivers that need to be updated on your PC then you should perform the same by following the steps below.
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the respective category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the device’s driver name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change effects.
10. Repair Game Files
If in case, there is an issue with the game files and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then make sure to perform this method to easily check for the issue.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Lost Ark from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
11. Reinstall the Lost Ark Game
If none of the methods worked for you then try reinstalling the Lost Ark game to check if that helps you to fix the game not launching issue. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Now, go to Library > Right-click on the Lost Ark game.
- Head over to Manage > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes immediately.
- Open the Steam client again and install the game again using the existing Steam account.
- You’re done. Enjoy! This can resolve the Lost Ark Won’t Launch on PC issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.