Huawei P9 Lite 2017 was launched in January 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. We have good news now! The device has finally received the support to enjoy the Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei P9 Lite 2017. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei P9 Lite 2017. The ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Thanks to XDA Senior member Askuccio_DROID for sharing this Custom ROM on XDA Forum. Full Credits to him and Lineage OS team.
Huawei P9 Lite 2017 features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. The smartphone is powered by a Kirin 655 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64 GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P9 Lite 2017 comes with a 12MP Rear Camera and 8MP front shooting camera. Huawei P9 Lite 2017 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor in the rear. The handset supports Nano Sim. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, WiFi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.
If you would like to try Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei P9 Lite 2017 device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. You should have latest TWRP Recovery running to flash the Oreo-based Custom ROM. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Huawei P9 Lite 2017. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the Lineage OS 15.1 and its feature.
What is Lineage OS 15.1 and their feature?
Lineage OS 15.1 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 8.1 Oreo AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 8.1 features, the Lineage OS 15.1 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features. The Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei P9 Lite 2017 scheduled with a weekly and nightly update.
Features of Lineage OS 15.1:
- Extra Ambient display features
- Picture adjustment
- RGB color calibration settings
- Display color temperature customization
- LED Notification light settings (Customize)
- Customize Touchscreen gestures
- Performance profiles to save battery and improve the speed
- Lockscreen Customization option
- FlipFlap – smart cover support
- Privacy Guard—control app permissions
- Customize the size of the lock screen pattern
- Quick Settings Customization
- Status Bar Customization such as Double tap to sleep, Clock Settings, Show network traffic, and Status bar tuner
- SystemUI Customization
- Buttons/Navigation Bar
- Calls and Audio/Ringtone customization.
- and other miscellaneous feature.
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei P9 Lite 2017:
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. We understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Huawei P9 Lite 2017, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this 8.1.0 Oreo-based custom ROM, you’re wiping all your data and system — like a brand new phone.
As a Huawei P9 Lite 2017 user, you have many options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed As we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Required ROM Files
Download Any Of the Gapps given below
MindTheGApps 8.1.0 Package – Recommended
Official Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1
Android Oreo Gapps Package [Open Gapps]
Delta Gapps with Modular Add-On
- Supported device: Huawei P9 Lite 2017
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- USB Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Take A Full BackUP: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Custom Recovery: To Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei P9 Lite 2017. You should have a Custom Recovery. Here in this guide, we used TWRP Recovery
- Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache: Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Step to Install on Huawei P9 Lite 2017:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P9 Lite 2017
- Now install the TWRP Recovery for Huawei P9 Lite 2017. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei P9 Lite 2017 and move the flashable zip file which you downloaded from above.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei P9 Lite 2017.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
Guide to Root Using SuperSU.Zip
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Guide to Install Latest Magisk Root
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei P9 Lite 2017 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: XDA || Credits to Askuccio_DROID
OS link is dead