Who doesn’t love playing games in the comfort of their couch? Steam Deck is a handheld console device that is just too good to be true. The Steam Deck has incredible specs to let you play any games. With the introduction of the desktop mode, this is more like a handheld PC instead of a console. But it doesn’t always support all the PC game titles. However, you can install and play Epic games on your Steam Deck Easily.
Epic Games is a game launcher similar to Steam and is quite popular among PC users. Once you install Epic Launcher, you will access many new games you can enjoy on your Steam Deck. We will give you an idea of how you can play any games from the Epic games on this handheld console. Please be with us till the end of the article to get the entire idea of the methods involved.
How to Start Playing Epic Games on your Steam Deck
Players worldwide have appreciated that they don’t have to buy a license for the same game to play it on Steam Deck. You can play any games from your Steam library with your existing license. You can also play any games from Epic games on this Steam Deck. You can download the Epic Games launcher on your Steam Deck.
Method 1: Custom Install Epic Games
To install the Epic game launcher, players need to download the Epic games installer file from the Epic games website.
- Press and hold the power button and select switch to Desktop mode on your Steam Deck.
- Open any browser you have installed.
- Go to the Epic Games Website download page.
- Tap on download, this will start downloading the Launcher on your Steam Deck.
Now Install Epic Game launcher. To do so, follow these steps.
- Open the Steam library while in desktop mode.
- Go to games and select Add a nonsteam game to my Library.
- Tap on Browse and find the downloaded Epic game launcher file.
- Change files type from MSI to All files.
- Tap on “look in” and select the directory.
- Select “/home/deck/Downloads/” directory.
- Select the Epic Games Installer file and tap Open.
- Go back to Steam Library and find the installer file (that should be under games) and right-click on it. Select properties (the left trackpad performs the right click).
- Check the box next to “Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool” on the “Compatibility” tab.
- Choose the most recent Proton version. Then, shut the window.
- Tap Play and a dialogue box will appear tap on Install.
- Your Epic game launcher is installed on the Steam Deck.
Method 2: By using Heroic Launcher
The second method of playing Epic games is on the Steam Deck. This method is the easiest of all of them, you have to install Heroic Launcher, which will allow you to play both the Epic games and the GOG applications. Here is how you can install Heroic Launcher.
- Switch to desktop mode by tapping and holding the power button.
- Open the steam deck start menu.
- Search for Heroic Games Launcher.
- Install Heroic Game Launcher.
How to Log in to Epic games ok Heroic Launcher:
- Launch Heroic Games Launcher and log in.
- Open Steam in Desktop Mode and Add Non-Steam Games in the Heroic Games Launcher.
- Have fun with your games!
Method 3: By using Lutris
The third method is a little complex; you need to install Lutris to play epic games on the Steam Deck. First, Switch to the desktop mode as instructed above and follow these steps.
- Typen Konsole in the start menu and open it.
- Copy and paste these lines onto the Konsole terminal.
flatpak install flathub org.gnome.Platform.Compat.i386 org.freedesktop.Platform.GL32.default org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default
- This will refresh the Discover app to include Lutris and also some additional applications from Flathub.
- Find Lutris in the discover app and install it.
- Connect your Epic game account with Lutris by clicking on the Epic games menu on the left.
Epic Games is one of the world’s top gaming companies, and playing their games on a portable device seems like a dream. To start playing Epic games on the Steam Deck, you must complete the steps outlined above. To play Epic Games, you must link your Epic Games account to your Steam Deck launchers.