The France based manufacturer Infinix has unveiled its new entry-level smartphone. This new Infinix Hot 9 Play comes with a 6.82-inch display, 6000 mAh battery, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage, dual rear camera setup, Helio A25 SoC, and runs on Android 10. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to root Infinix Hot 9 Play using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
Every Android user wants to get the most out of it when it comes to the customizations and tweaking your device. Rooting is one of them and offers superuser or administrator access to the user in order to modify the system files and apps easily. After enabling root access, users can edit or delete system root directory files, overclock device performance, use rooted apps, install custom modules, etc. There are unlimited possibilities that you can perform on your rooted Infinix Hot 9 Play easily.
In order to root your Infinix Hot 9 Play, we will use the Magisk to patch stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 Infinix Hot 9 Play Device Overview
- 2 What is Root? (Advantages)
- 3 Steps To Root Infinix Hot 9 Play Using Magisk
- 4 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- 5 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Infinix Hot 9 Play
Infinix Hot 9 Play Device Overview
The Infinix Hot 9 Play sports a large 6.82 inches IPS LCD TFT display with an HD+ resolution, and the older waterdrop notch. This display has a pixel density of 260 Pixel Per Inch (PPI), an aspect ratio of 20:9, a screen to body ratio of 82.6 percent, and the HD+ resolution is paired with 720 x 1640 pixels.
Underneath the Infinix Hot 9 Play, it sports the MediaTek MT6765l2D that is also known as MediaTek Helio A25. This SoC is built on the 12nm process, and the octa-core setup includes Cortex A53 cores, where four are clocked at 1.8GHz and the other four at 1.4GHz. To the GPU side, it sports the PowerVR GE8320. To the other side, it comes with 2GB of RAM, and 32GB of eMMc 5.1 internal storage. Further, this is expandable via the micro SD card up to 256GB. The smartphone has a dedicated SIM card slot where you can insert two Nano type SIM cards, and a micro SD card at the same time.
Coming to the cameras on the Infinix Hot 9 Play, it sports a dual rear camera setup. This setup includes a primary 13MP sensor with support for autofocus. This primary setup pairs with a secondary 0.3MP AI sensor. It supports features like triple LED flash, panorama, and HDR. The rear camera can shoot videos in 1080p @ 30fps. To the front, the smartphone gets an 8MP sensor that sits in the waterdrop notch. This front camera also comes with a single LED flash. The front camera can also shoot videos in 1080p @ 30fps.
The Infinix Hot 9 Play packs a 6,000 mAh battery, which still charges over the micro USB port, and it only supports for 10W charging tech. The smartphone runs on its own custom UI i.e., the HiOs, which is based on Android 10.
Connectivity options include micro USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, NFC, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, and FM Radio. Sensors onboard include a gyroscope, g-sensor accelerometer, proximity, and compass. Talking about biometric options, it includes a rear-mounted physical fingerprint sensor and also supports for face unlock. The device is available in four different color options, which are in Mineral Blue, Mystic Purple, Peach Pink, and Peacock Blue.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Infinix Hot 9 Play, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Infinix Hot 9 Play by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Infinix Hot 9 Play.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Infinix Hot 9 Play.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Infinix Hot 9 Play, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Infinix Hot 9 Play Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have battery juice more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Infinix Hot 9 Play model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, you need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Infinix Hot 9 Play
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Infinix Hot 9 Play from below link:Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Device
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Infinix Hot 9 Play, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Infinix Hot 9 Play device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.