LG Q6 smartphone was launched in July 2017. It comes with a 5.50-inch display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. Today we have a good News for all LG Q6 users. Now you can install Custom Recovery TWRP Recovery For LG Q6. Today we will guide on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery For LG Q6 (LG M700X). TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which is often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Just like LG G6, Q6 also carries the same FullVision display with 18:9 aspect ratio. The main difference becomes the hardware and price of the device. The handset comes with a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2160×1080 pixels. It is powered by octa-core Snapdragon 435 processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM. It has an internal storage with 32GB and can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. The LG Q6 sports a 13 MP rear camera and 5-MP front facing camera. The LG Q6 runs Android 7.1.1 and is powered by a 3000mAh non-removable battery.
In this tutorial, you can download and install the TWRP Recovery for LG Q6. Download now and enjoy Custom Recovery on LG Q6. The TWRP Recovery comes with 3.1.1-0 version which has a Material Design, Touch Screen Support, and Encryption mode.
Rooting Procedure is followed only after installing the TWRP Recovery on your Phone. If you want to try only Rooting procedure, we recommend following How to Root any Android Phone without PC.
If you want to unleash the full power of Android Modding, then flashing TWRP Recovery is the first priority to get all modding ability on your LG Q6. In case if you already have a TWRP for LG Q6, you can always try Custom ROM, Kernel, Xposed, Rooting, Mods, etc in few simple steps.
Tutorial To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For LG Q6 (LG M700X)
TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which is often unsupported by stock recovery images.
This is a guide to Install latest TWRP Recovery for LG Q6. Download the Install TWRP Recovery on LG Q6 today and Read the steps below. If you install any Custom Recovery on LG Q6, you can install Custom ROM, Custom Mods, Custom Kernels or any zip file such as Xposed. Read the guide carefully on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery for LG Q6.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
To install TWRP Recovery or any Custom Recovery on LG Q6 (LG M700X), you must have an Unlocked Bootloader. If your phone doesn’t have an Unlocked Bootloader, first of all, you should go and unlock the bootloader of your phone. Only after doing so you can safely apply everything that’s detailed in this tutorial.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- You can flash Custom ROM with TWRP Recovery
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to use Xposed Modules’
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
MUST CHECK THIS POST
- How to port Android O Pixel Launcher on Any Phone!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- Download and Install Android O Pixel Launcher on Your Android!!
- How to install Android O developer preview!!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- This Guide is for How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery For LG Q6 (LG M700X).
- You need to unlock Bootloader on LG Q6.
- You need either Laptop or PC.
- Download Chainfire Super SU.zip
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here and Extract it.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
TWRP Recovery (Link Broken)
- First of all, Unlock Bootloader on LG Q6
- You can now root your phone using KingRoot or Kingoroot APK, Click Here for the full method to root.
- Now Download Flashify tool from Play Store.
- Also, make sure to move the downloaded Recovery image into your SD Card or internal memory on your phone.
- Open the app, before flashing the custom twrp recovery, backup your stock recovery file using Flashify tool.
- Now Flash the TWRP Recovery using Flashify tool.
- That’sit!! You have the TWRP Recovery on LG Q6.
[su_note note_color=”#fffdc4″ text_color=”#000000″]
NOTE: To boot into recovery with hardware buttons use this method. Power off the device > press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously > keep pressing them until the LG logo shows up > when the LG logo shows up, let go of the buttons for 1 second and then press them again. A factory reset menu will show up. Select “Yes” two times to “wipe” your device. Don’t worry, this will actually NOT wipe your device. It will boot into recovery normally. This is because LG phones are a bit different and they instruct the recovery (TWRP in this case) to automatically perform a factory reset of the phone by triggering the /misc wipe flag. I mapped /misc partition to a different partition (/persist) so TWRP doesn’t perform a factory reset.
So I hope you have understood How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery For LG Q6 (LG M700X), If yes then please give the star rating. If not leave a message, We will help you.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices