In this guide, we will help you to install TWRP Recovery on the Realme GT 2 Pro (RMX3301/RMX3300) device. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP on Realme GT 2 Pro.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Realme GT 2 Pro device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
- Realme GT 2 Pro Specifications and Review
- TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
- Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme GT 2 Pro
- What is Root?
- Steps to Root Realme GT 2 Pro
Realme GT 2 Pro Specifications and Review
Realme GT 2 Pro features LTPO2 AMOLED technology, supporting an impressive 1 billion colors, a smooth 120Hz refresh rate, and HDR10+ for vibrant visuals. With a peak brightness of 1400 nits, the 6.7-inch screen boasts a resolution of 1440 x 3216 pixels, delivering an exceptional pixel density of 526 ppi. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, ensuring durability against scratches and drops. Under the hood, the smartphone runs on Android 12, with an upgrade path to Android 13, coupled with Realme UI 4.0. The Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset powers the device, featuring an octa-core CPU with a combination of Cortex-X2, Cortex-A710, and Cortex-A510 cores. Graphics are handled by the Adreno 730 GPU, ensuring a seamless gaming and multimedia experience.
The memory configurations offer choices between 128GB or 256GB of internal storage paired with 8GB or 12GB of RAM, utilizing UFS 3.1 technology for faster data access. The main camera setup is a versatile triple-lens system, featuring a 50MP wide lens, a 50MP ultrawide lens with a 150˚ field of view, and a unique 3MP microscope lens with 40x magnification. Realme GT 2 Pro supports 8K video recording and gyro-EIS for stable footage. The front-facing camera is a 32MP lens, capturing high-quality selfies. Audio is delivered through stereo speakers, although the traditional 3.5mm headphone jack is absent.
Realme GT 2 Pro features a comprehensive sensor suite, including an under-display optical fingerprint sensor. Powering all these features is a robust 5000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, with 65W wired charging capabilities, reaching 100% in just 33 minutes according to the advertised specifications. This smartphone stands out as a powerhouse, offering a blend of high-end features and rapid charging capabilities.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – Wikipedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Realme GT 2 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Realme GT 2 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Realme GT 2 Pro
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Realme GT 2 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme GT 2 Pro
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- Test only on the Realme GT 2 Pro model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- The Realme GT 2 Pro bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- No Verity opt Encrypt and Vbmeta.img
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- Realme USB Drivers | MTK USB Drivers
- Download SP Flash Tool
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install them on your PC
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Method 1: By Smartphone Flash Tools
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Method 2: ADB and Fastboot Tool
Follow the installation process after downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device is connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Realme GT 2 Pro device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Realme GT 2 Pro, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Realme GT 2 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Realme GT 2 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Realme GT 2 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Realme GT 2 Pro, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Realme GT 2 Pro
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.