Huawei Mediapad M3 was launched in September 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Are you looking to install the stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Mediapad M3? then you are at the right place. Today we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Mediapad M3 smartphone.
If you are here to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Mediapad M3 for the first time, you can read our article to learn the difference between custom ROM and stock ROM. To install a custom ROM, you have to unlock the bootloader and you must have the latest TWRP Recovery on your phone. If you have all this, installing Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery is simple. You can follow our tutorial on flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery.
Huawei MediaPad M3 features an 8.4-inches display with a screen resolution of 1600 x 2560 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex A53) and Hisilicon Kirin 950 coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB or 64GB internal memory, which can also be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. The camera on the Huawei MediaPad M3 comes with autofocus and 8MP front shooting camera. Huawei MediaPad M3 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Po 5,100 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the front. The handset supports a single sim with 4G. It has connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, 3G, and 4G.
[su_note note_color=”#f6f8b7″ text_color=”#000000″]Note: This is not official firmware from Huawei. This is a Custom ROM. [/su_note]
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo:
After rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo, we know that Google will surely come up with the latest version, improving the features implemented in the Android 8.0 version.
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version, and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Download ROM and Gapps Here
|Lineage OS 15.1||Download|
Any Of the Gapps Below
Delta Gapps with Modular Add-On
Micro GApps Package For Android Oreo
Android Oreo Gapps Package [Open Gapps] – Recommended
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Mediapad M3:
Follow our below guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Mediapad M3. Simply download the ROM and Gapps file below to experience Android 8.1 Oreo on the Huawei Mediapad M3 smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on Huawei Mediapad M3, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the prerequisites.
- This ROM is for Huawei Mediapad M3 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and install Huawei USB Drivers
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on an Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory or SD Card.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mediapad M3
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Huawei Mediapad M3. Watch the Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Huawei Mediapad M3.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery; here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
Guide to Flash Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]
Don’t flash SuperSU if you want to try Magisk Root on your phone