Here you can now download and install the Huawei P9 B520 Android 8.0 Oreo Update for the EVA-AL00 / EVA-TL00 / EVA-DL00 / EVA-AL10 and EVA-CL00 variant in China region.
Huawei P9 started receiving the latest EMUI 8.0 along with Android 8.0 Oreo which brings the version to 18.104.22.1680. The update is now live for Huawei P9 variants: EVA-TL00 / EVA-DL00 / EVA-AL10 and EVA-CL00 in China region. The software update bumps to EVA-AL00C00B520 / EVA-TL00C00B520 / EVA-DL00C00B520 / EVA-AL10C00B520/ EVA-CL00C00B520. The update brings Android 8.0 Oreo along with couple of new added features and revamped UI. Now you can download and install Huawei P9 B520 Oreo Firmware Update by following this guide.
The update is rolling via OTA and will reach every user in a phase-wise manner. If you didn’t receive the update, then kindly wait for a couple of days or even weeks to receive this new update on your Huawei P9 with variant EVA-TL00 / EVA-DL00 / EVA-AL10 and EVA-CL00 in China region. In case if you have not received this update with build number EVA-AL00C00B520 / EVA-TL00C00B520 / EVA-DL00C00B520 / EVA-AL10C00B520, then you can manually check for the OTA update.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you have rooted or installed any mods or recovery, then you may not be able to get the OTA update. So in order to upgrade your phone to the latest version. First, you need to either unroot or you can install the update manually.[/su_note]
How to Manually Check for Update on Huawei P9
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
- First of all, Go to Settings
- Now Tap on System –> System Update –> Check for Updates
- If you have a new update with build B520, Go to New Version –> Quick Update
- If the system shows up to date, then you can install the OTA Package manually.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Before proceeding to download, Huawei P9 must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading the update on Huawei P9 (EVA-TL00 / EVA-DL00 / EVA-AL10). As this update is an incremental update, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei P9, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei P9 B520 Oreo Firmware Update. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
- EMUI 8.0 not only brings you the latest version of Android (8.0), it’s also boosted with a lot of great features and improvements to make your device more intuitive, faster and safer. We highly recommend updating now.
- Smarter Smart recommendations anticipate the services you need and give you timely suggestions. HiVoice can answer your calls, check your system, and search for settings at your command. And HiBoard lets you track your packages and manage bookmarked articles with ease.
- Faster AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability, fluidity, and speed. The system boots faster, videos are more fluid, and image thumbnails load in a flash.
- Safer Updates to TrustSpace and Find my phone offer greater payment security.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P9
- Model No: EVA-AL00 / EVA-TL00 / EVA-DL00 / EVA-AL10 / EVA-CL00
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Oreo: 22.214.171.1240
- Firmware: B520
- Build Number: EVA-AL00C00B520 / EVA-TL00C00B520 / EVA-DL00C00B520 / EVA-AL10C00B520/ EVA-CL00C00B520
- Region: China
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
EVA-AL00C00B520 – 126.96.36.1990 – China
EVA-TL00C00B520 – 188.8.131.520 – China
EVA-DL00C00B520 – 184.108.40.2060 – China
EVA-AL10C00B520 – 220.127.116.110 – China
EVA-CL00C00B520 – 18.104.22.1680 – China
Steps to Install Huawei P9 B520 Oreo Firmware
Before following the below guide on how to install firmware on Huawei P9, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- This ROM is supported only for Huawei P9 with variant EVA-TL00 / EVA-DL00 / EVA-AL10 and EVA-CL00.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
- Huawei P9 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Huawei P9
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For Huawei P9 [Updated]
- List of Android P Supported Huawei Devices
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Huawei Honor Devices
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- Install Xposed Framework for Android Oreo – Download Xposed v89
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device
- Download the latest Huawei USB drivers and installation guide