Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) launched in August 2019. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
To install Havoc OS on Redmi Note 8 Pro, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is powered by a Mediatek Helio G90T (12nm) chipset coupled with 6/8GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports an 256GB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under MIUI 10 and backed by a 4500 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Four-camera setup with 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 20MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro come with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Redmi Note 8 Pro:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Havoc OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Havoc OS on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Havoc OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro [Updated]
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q for Redmi Note 8 Pro
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8 Pro based on Android 10 Q
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8 Pro and root it easily
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Stock Firmware Collections [Android 10 Update Timeline]
- Common Problems in Redmi Note 8 Pro and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More