Discord is one of the few applications that adds up a lot of cache data. It builds up with every kind of media message that you receive through the application and it collects a massive amount of cache data right in the short run. This is really frustrating and fills up your disk space instantly, which causes many of the unnecessary problems.
How to Clear Discord Cache Files on Desktop and Mobile
The steps to clearing the huge pile of unwanted data generated by Discord are simple but most you aren’t aware of what steps are to be taken. Today, we’ll get you through the steps to clear the Discord cache files on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, and iPad. So without much bragging, we’ll look at how to clear Discord cache files on Desktop and Mobile.
Also Read: How to Fix Discord No Route Error
1. How to Clear Discord Cache Files on Windows
- To start with, open This PC/My PC/My Computer on your system
- In the file path box, type in “%appdata%\discord” without double quotes
- Then, from the list of files and folders, delete the folders named Cache, Code Cache, and GPUCache
- Finally, in order to make sure the cache is completely deleted, go back to the desktop, right-click in Recycle Bin, and choose the Empty Recycle Bin option
2. How to Clear Discord Cache Files on Mac
- In order to clear Discord cache files on a Mac, you first have to open Finder
- Then, click on the Go tab from the menu above, and then choose the Go to Folder… option
- This will give you a new tab with an empty text box field. In the text box, type in “~/Library/Application Support/discord/” and click on Go
- This will open a list of folders and files. From there, select and right-click on Cache, Code Cache, and GPUCache. Then, choose the Move to Trash/Move to Bin option
- Once that’s done, right-click on the Trash icon on the dock and then click on the Empty Trash/Empty Bin option
3.How to Clear Discord Cache Files on Android
- First off, go into the Settings on your phone
- Inside settings, find the Apps section
- This will give you the list of applications on your Android phone. From these apps, find and click on Discord
- From the next screen, go into Storage
- Once you’re inside storage, simply click on the Clear Cache option at the bottom of the screen and it will quickly clear up the cache of Discord on your Android phone.
Also Read: How to Fix Discord Crashing Issue
4. How to Clear Discord Cache Files on iPhone or iPad
- To start with, you must navigate to your phone’s Settings > General > iPhone/iPad Storage
- From there, scroll down, find, and click on Discord
- Then, tap the Delete App option and follow the on-screen confirmations to delete it. Alternatively, you can simply long-press on the Discord app icon in Home and then select the Delete App option to easily delete the application
- Once the application is successfully deleted, go to your App Store and install Discord again in order to use the application without previous cache on your iPhone or iPad.
Also Read: How to Fix a Discord RTC Connecting Error
Clearing cache on iPhone or iPad requires you to re-install the application, which is quite a different process compared to other operating systems. By following these steps, you can successfully clear the Discord cache data, helping you to free up space on your phone or system. That said, we hope reading the article above has equipped you with some bit of information. Please let us know by commenting down below if you have any further queries regarding the same.