Realme is never short of releasing new smartphones every once in a while, and a couple of months ago, we had the Realme Q2 Pro. This is targeted in the mid-range segment, and it promises to offer a decent value for the money. The Realme Q2 Pro is already available in the market, and so far, the opinion about this smartphone has been a mixed bag.
On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Realme Q2 Pro RMX2173. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery on Realme Q2 Pro RMX2173.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Realme Q2 Pro device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
- Realme Q2 Pro Device Overview:
- TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
- Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme Q2 Pro RMX2173
- What is Root?
- Steps to Root Realme Q2 Pro
Realme Q2 Pro Device Overview:
The Realme Q2 Pro features a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The brightness goes as high as 600 nits on this panel. For outdoor visibility, this can be a problem. As for the performance, we get the MediaTek Dimensity 800U, which is a 5G capable chip built on a 7 nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.4 GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz.
In the optics department, we get a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The quad setup consists of a 48MP primary sensor coupled with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor coupled with an f/2.3 lens, a 2MP macro sensor coupled with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor coupled with an f/2.4 lens. Coming to the front, we get a single 16MP sensor with an f/2.5 lens. The rear setup can capture 4K videos, while the front camera is only limited to shooting 1080p videos.
We get two RAM and storage options for this device: 8GB RAM + 128GB(UFS2.1) and 8GB RAM + 256GB(UFS2.1). For connectivity, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, and USB Type-C 2.0. As for the sensors, we have an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. The battery inside the Q2 Pro is a 4300 mAh cell that supports 65W fast charging. The smartphone is available in four color options: Leather Gray, Rainbow, Sea Blue, and Fantasy White. And it is priced at around 320 US dollars.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Realme Q2 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Realme Q2 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Realme Q2 Pro
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Realme Q2 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme Q2 Pro RMX2173
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Realme Q2 Pro RMX2173 model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Realme Q2 Pro bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Method 1: By Smartphone Flash Tools
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):Follow This Guideline Video Intallation Guide
Method 2: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Realme Q2 Pro RMX2173 device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Realme Q2 Pro, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Realme Q2 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Realme Q2 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Realme Q2 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Realme Q2 Pro, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Realme Q2 Pro
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.