Updated on April 17, 2018: Today we have the official Lineage OS 16 for Huawei P20 Pro based on Android Pie. Check out the link given and follow our guide to install Lineage OS 16 on Huawei P20 Pro.
Huawei P20 Pro (codenamed charlotte) launched in April 2018. The phone came out of the box with EMUI 8.1 based Android 8.1 Pie. Finally, here is the big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Huawei P20 Pro (charlotte). Thanks to the XDA Recognized developer LuK1337, who has started working on the next version of Lineage OS based on Android Pie called Lineage OS 16. But be careful, we are not responsible if you brick your device or do something wrong. This update is under beta test and we don’t even say when exactly the next version comes out. So be patient. If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Huawei P20 Pro, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
A quick Disclaimer: Please don’t follow this guide if you don’t have an idea of what you are doing as you might end up messing up with your device. The GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Huawei P20 ProWatch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Huawei P20 Pro (charlotte)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Huawei USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Official Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Download any latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Huawei P20 Pro.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Huawei P20 Pro.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Huawei P20 Pro (charlotte).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Huawei P20 Pro. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: XDA | Credits to LuK1337
Huawei P20 Pro Specifications:
Huawei P20 Pro features a 6.1 inches AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2240 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 Hisilicon Kirin 970 processor coupled with 6/8GB of RAM. The phone packs 128/256GB internal memory. The camera on the Huawei P20 Pro comes with Triple 40MP + 20MP + 8MP phase detection autofocus, LED flash rear camera and also 24MP depth sensor front shooting camera.
Huawei P20 Pro runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with EMUI 8.1 and a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast charging. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the front. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.