Google Nexus 5X (bullhead) launched in September 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and was later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we have the latest Custom ROM which brings all the Google Pixel phone features on your Nexus 5X. This custom ROM is known as Google Pixel Experience ROM. Now you can download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Nexus 5X based on Android 10.
The new Android 10 brings a new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Talking about the specifications, Nexus 5X features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32GB internal memory. The camera on the Nexus 5X comes with 12.3MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 2700 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Nexus 5X. It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Nexus 5X based on Android 10 now available. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 ROM for Google Nexus 5X
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Google Nexus 5X based on Android 10 Q
- List of Best Custom ROM for Google Nexus 5X [Updated]
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Nexus 5X
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update for Google Nexus 5X
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Nexus 5X
To install this ROM on Nexus 5X, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery.
- Supported Smartphone: Nexus 5X
- Charge the Nexus 5X to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 5X.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Nexus 5X
Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Nexus 5X Internal storage.
- You can reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Pixel Experience ROM on Nexus 5X.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Zip -> select Pixel Experiece.zip file.
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- List of Pixel Experience ROM Supported Devices