Nokia 7 Plus (Onyx) launched in February 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Here we have the latest Custom ROM which brings all the Google Pixel phone features on your Nokia 7 Plus (codenamed: Onyx). This custom ROM is known as Google Pixel Experience ROM. Now you can download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Nokia 7 Plus based on Android 10.
The new Android 10 brings new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Nokia 7 Plus. It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Nokia 7 Plus based on Android 10 now available. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Nokia 7 Plus
To install this ROM on Nokia 7 Plus, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery.
- Supported Smartphone: Nokia 7 Plus (Onyx)
- Charge the Nokia 7 Plus to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 7 Plus.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Nokia 7 Plus
What's Working and What's Not?
Double tap to wake
Double tap to sleep
Sound / vibration
Selinux – permissive
Install via TWRP Recovery
- Boot into twrp
- Format data by typing yes
- Reboot to bootloader
- Now again boot into twrp
- Wipe everything
- Now copy rom zip to phone
- Flash the zip
- Change to an alternative slot
Example if you are on Slot a Change to slot b if you are on b change to a
- Now reboot to bootloader
- Boot again to twrp
- Flash Perf-Stock-10.0-PL2_sprout.zip
- Wipe all except system & vendor
- Reboot system
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- List of Pixel Experience ROM Supported Devices