Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 (SM-A750) was launched with Android Oreo out of the box. Today, we will be guiding you on how to download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy A7 2018 (SM-A750) which is based on the latest Stock Android 9.0 Pie GSI build. Thanks to the XDA Developer EnesSastim for building the Pixel Experience GSI ROM.
Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 sports a 6.0 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2220 pixels. The display protection comes from the Gorilla Glass. The Galaxy A7 2018 packs 2 types of chipsets which are Exynos 7885 or a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660. The device packs 64/128GB internal storage and 4/6GB of RAM. The main selling point of this device is the came which comes with a triple camera with 24MP (f/1.7), 8 MP (f/2.4) and 5MP (f/2.2) and fingerprint reader mounted side. On the front face, the device sports a 24MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 runs Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. The power section is handled by a 3300 mAh battery.
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy A7 2018 (SM-A750). It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. These features include Pixel sound packs, Live wallpaper, Pixel boot animation, Pixel launcher and so on. Let’s see how to download and flash Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy A7 2018 with Android 9.0 Pie
What’s New with Android 9.0 Pie?
Android Pie is a major update in the Android ecosystem. Its the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Google Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy A7 2018 (SM-A750)
Google Pixel Experience ROM was designed in such a way so that users can get all the feature from flagship Pixel devices. You will get all the features, sounds and feel of having a Google Pixel device. This custom ROM has the following features:
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
- How to Downgrade Galaxy A7 2018 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo
- How to Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Galaxy A7 2018 [GSI Phh-Treble]
- Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- Download Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Stock Wallpapers [Full HD Resolution]
- Can Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 survive under Water? Waterproof test
Steps to install Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy A7 2018
Now if you’re familiar with installing custom ROMs in Android, then it same as that. However, if you have never done this before then dot worry. We will be guiding you through each step and process.
To make the task easy, we have divided the unlocking process into two parts. In the first part, we will brief you about the files requires and Pre-Requisites for the bootloader unlocking process. Then we will start with the actual installation part.
To install Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy A7 2018, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If your device doesn’t support TWRP, then you can follow the second method to sideload the Pixel Experience ROM via ADB Fastboot.
These are the files you will be needing to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy A7 2018. Please, download them before proceeding with the procedure.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers.
- Download Pixel Experience GSI Treble ROM here: Click Here
- Download Magisk zip file for root your device or flash SuperSU zip file
- Download ADB Fastboot [Second method]
- Supported Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 (SM-A750)
- Charge the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A7 2018.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy A7 2018
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
GSI build is still a work in progress, so this ROM may not be stable. Please try for yourself and see how things go around with the new Pixel Experience GSI build..
ROM is still under experiments. GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy A7 2018.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the Pixel Experience System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
—> How to Install Generic System Image on Project Treble Devices
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy A7 2018 (SM-A750) based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the Pixel Experience ROM Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- List of Pixel Experience ROM Supported Devices
Source: XDA || Credits to EnesSastim