Sony Xperia XZ1 (poplar) launched in August 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Here we have a latest Custom ROM which brings all the Google Pixel phone feature on your Sony Xperia XZ1. This custom ROM is known as Google Pixel Experience ROM. Now you can download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ1 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ1. It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Sony Xperia XZ1 based on Android 9.0 Pie now available. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ1 (poplar)
To install this ROM on Sony Xperia XZ1 (poplar), First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you don’t have a TWRP Recovery or not supported, then you can flash via ADB sideload method.
- Supported Smartphone: Sony Xperia XZ1 (poplar)
- Charge the Sony Xperia XZ1 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- Download Sony USB Drivers.
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on Sony Xperia XZ1.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1. [For 1st method]
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [For 2nd Method]
- Download Pixel Experience GSI Treble ROM here: Click Here
- Download Magisk zip file for root your device or flash SuperSU zip file
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Sony Xperia XZ1 Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ1.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ1 (poplar) based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the Pixel Experience ROM Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.