Xiaomi Redmi 6 (cereus) launched in June 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Here we have the latest Custom ROM which brings all the Google Pixel phone feature on your Xiaomi Redmi 6. This custom ROM is known as Google Pixel Experience ROM. Now you can download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 6 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 features a 5.45-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 and Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Xiaomi Redmi 6 comes with Dual 12MP + 5MP rear camera with LED flash and 5MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back.
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEv3MGNmgs&t=4s” controls=”alt” rel=”no” theme=”light”]
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 6. It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 6 based on Android 9.0 Pie now available. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Redmi 6 (Android 9.0 Pie)
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi 6
- Common Xiaomi Redmi 6 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6A Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- Download and Update AICP 14.0 on Xiaomi Redmi 6 (Android 9.0 Pie)
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 6
To install this ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 6, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery.
- Supported Smartphone: Xiaomi Redmi 6
- Charge the Xiaomi Redmi 6 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi 6.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Xiaomi Redmi 6 Internal storage.
- You can reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 6.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Zip -> select Pixel Experiece.zip file.
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- List of Pixel Experience ROM Supported Devices