Infinix; the popular African brand is known for its smartphones with decent specifications in a budget price. Recently the brand unveiled its new device here in India, i.e., the Infinix S5 Pro. This is the only device under Rs 10,000 that comes with front pop-up cameras. If you’re using the Infinix S5 Pro device and want to enable root access via Magisk then this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to root Infinix S5 Pro using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
Every Android user wants to get the most out of it when it comes to the customizations and tweaking your device. Rooting is one of them and offers superuser or administrator access to the user in order to modify the system files and apps easily. After enabling root access, users can edit or delete system root directory files, overclock device performance, use rooted apps, install custom modules, etc. There are unlimited possibilities that you can perform on your rooted Infinix S5 Pro easily.
Also Read: Android 11 for Infinix S5 Pro X660, X660C, X660B | Install GSI ROM
In order to root your Infinix S5 Pro, we will use the Magisk to patch stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Infinix S5 Pro Device Overview
The Infinix S5 Pro features a large 6.53 inch IPS LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution. This means that it has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The display comes with a screen to body ratio of 83.8 percent, an aspect ratio of 19:5:9, a pixel density of 395 PPI. Underneath the Infinix S5 Pro, it sports the MediaTek MT6765 that is also known as MediaTek Helio P35. This SoC is built on the 12nm process, and the octa-core setup includes Cortex A53 cores, where four are clocked at 2.3GHz and the other four at 1.8GHz.
To the GPU side, it sports the PowerVR GE8320. The smartphone runs on the latest Android 10 based on their custom UI i.e., XOS 6.0. This is available in a single variant i.e., with 4GB of RAM. On the other side, it sports 64GB of eMMC 5.1 internal storage, respectively. Further, this can be expanded via a micro SD card up to 256GB. The device has a dedicated SIM card slot where you guys can insert two Nano type SIM cards and a memory card slot at the same time.
Coming to the optics, the device comes with the triple rear camera setup. This rear camera setup includes a primary 48MP sensor with an aperture value of f/1.8 and PDAF. There is a 2MP secondary depth sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4. Finally, there is a QVGA low light camera sensor. The rear camera also comes with a dual-LED flash and shoot pictures in HDR. As we said above, the front camera is the highlight of the device. This front camera houses a 16MP Motorized pop-up unit with an aperture value of f/2.0.
The Infinix S5 Pro packs a 4,000 mAh battery; that still charges over a micro USB port and doesn’t come with support for fast charging. The device has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and support for face unlock. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS with A-GPS, Bluetooth 5, A2DP, LE, Micro USB 2.0. Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, and proximity sensor. It measures 162.50 x 76.88 x 8.95mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs about 194.00 grams. The device was launched in two color options, namely the Forest Green and Violet. Finally, coming to the pricing of Infinix S5 Pro price in India, it starts at Rs. 9,999 for 4GB RAM and 64GB storage.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Infinix S5 Pro, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Infinix S5 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Infinix S5 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Infinix S5 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Infinix S5 Pro, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Infinix S5 Pro Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have battery juice more than 60% at least.
- To root your device, you must unlock the bootloader.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Infinix S5 Pro model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Infinix USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download Other Drivers: Mediatek VCOM Drivers or MTK USB Drivers
- Download the latest Infinix S5 Pro Stock ROM and move it to the PC
- Download And Install the SP Flash tool on your computer
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- You need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Infinix S5 Pro
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Infinix S5 Pro from below link:Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Device
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Infinix S5 Pro, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Infinix S5 Pro device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
I want to be rooted my phone
How to root show pass wifi