Tecno Camon 19 Neo launched with a 6.8-inch full-HD+ hole-punch display powered by MediaTek Helio G85 SoC, coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. The device sports a 48-megapixel triple rear camera unit and a 5,000mAh battery with support for 18W flash charging. It runs on Android 12-based HiOS 8.6.
In this guide, we have shared the steps to root Tecno Camon 19 Neo CH6i using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease. To root your Tecno Camon 19 Neo CH6i, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device’s boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly, like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
- Tecno Camon 19 Neo Device Overview:
- What is Root? (Advantages)
- Steps To Root Tecno Camon 19 Neo CH6i Using Magisk
- 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Tecno Camon 19 Neo
Tecno Camon 19 Neo Device Overview:
The Tecno Camon 19 Neo features a 6.8 inches IPS panel with a 60 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2460 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we get the MediaTek Helio G85 processor built on a 12 nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Cortex-A75 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz and six Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G52 MC2. The smartphone comes with Android 12 out of the box with HIOS 8.6 skin running on top.
In terms of optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The rear camera setup consists of a 48 MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4, and a QVGA sensor. The selfie camera at the front is a 32 MP wide sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens. The rear and front camera setups are limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone has a single storage option with 128GB of internal storage and 6GB of RAM. We also get a dedicated microSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, FM Radio, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, and proximity. Powering it all is a 5000 mAh battery that supports 18W Quick charging. The smartphone has three color options: Eco Black, Ice Mirror, and Dreamland Green.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can access all files on your Tecno Camon 19 Neo, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Tecno Camon 19 Neo by overclocking.
- You can increase battery life by underclocking Tecno Camon 19 Neo by rooting.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Tecno Camon 19 Neo.
- You can block Ads on Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Tecno Camon 19 Neo, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Tecno Camon 19 Neo CH6i Using Magisk
Follow the full-depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- You must first unlock the bootloader on your Tecno variant to root.
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Tecno Camon 19 Neo model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Tecno USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download Other Drivers: Mediatek VCOM Drivers or MTK USB Drivers
- Download And Install the SP Flash tool on your computer
- Download Latest Tecno Camon 19 Neo Firmware
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, you need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via a USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose to install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Tecno Camon 19 Neo
Follow the proper guide to install the Patched Boot Image on Tecno Camon 19 Neo from the below link:Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Device
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Tecno Camon 19 Neo, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with an A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded, followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- To verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve also successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Tecno Camon 19 Neo device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.