Netflix is the most used platform to stream popular TV shows and movies from all over the world. However, several Windows users have recently been complaining about an audio and video sync issue on Netflix. According to the users, the video starts playing just fine. But after some time, the video slows down, and thus the video becomes out of sync with the audio.
Out of all the Netflix streaming problems, the audio out of sync issue is the most common one. Don’t worry if you are having the same issue while watching your favorite shows on Netflix. We will show you some easy solutions using which you will be able to solve this issue.
Table of Contents
Solutions to solve the Netflix Audio Out of Sync issue:
Solution 1: Check your internet connection
One of the most common reasons for various problems on Netflix is a slow internet connection. If your internet speed is not enough for the video to download properly, it will start to lag behind the audio. To solve this issue, follow these steps.
- Reset your router/modem.
- If everything is alright with your router/modem, it’s time to check the internet speed.
- Click here and check your internet speed.
- If you want to stream HD videos, the download speed should be 5Mbps.
- See if your download speed is slower than usual.
- In case you find an issue with the internet connection, contact your Internet provider.
Solution 2: Change the HD streaming settings
When you play HD quality content, it starts to consume a lot of your bandwidth. With a limited amount of bandwidth, you will start facing the audio and video sync issue. In order to solve this problem, follow these steps.
- Select your user icon in the top right corner of Netflix.
- Go to your Account.
- Click on the My Profile tab.
- Choose Playback settings.
- Click on the Medium quality option.
- Then, click on “Save” to make the changes.
- Now, try playing a video and see if the problem still exists.
Solution 3: Change Hardware acceleration settings in your browser
If you have enabled hardware acceleration on your browser, it will use GPU to provide web pages. It’s good to use the GPU and not only rely on the CPU because it speeds up the whole process. But the hardware acceleration setting can create some problems like the audio out of sync issue. To solve this issue, follow these steps and disable hardware acceleration on your browser.
If you are using the Google Chrome browser, follow these steps.
- Select the Three dots (More) icon on the top right corner of your Chrome browser.
- Open the Settings option.
- Now, scroll down and choose the Advanced option.
- Click on the System section.
- Then, click on the toggle switch to disable the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
- Close the Google Chrome window and restart it to check if the issue persists.
If you are using the Firefox browser, follow these steps.
- Open your Firefox browser and then select the menu button on the top right corner.
- Click on Options.
- Then, type “hardware” in the search bar.
- Now, uncheck both the boxes beside Use recommended performance settings and Use hardware acceleration when available options.
- Close your browser and then restart Firefox to check for the issue.
Solution 4: Choose Silverlight
Your computer requires an HTML5 player or the Silverlight plug-in to play Netflix content. If you are using the HTML5 player when the issue started happening, then you should choose Silverlight now. Follow these steps to select Silverlight instead of an HTML5 player.
- Go to the Help Center.
- Open Internet Speed Recommendations.
- Choose Video Quality.
- Now, uncheck the box beside the Prefer HTML5 player instead of Silverlight option.
- Open your Netflix to check for the issue.
Solution 5: Switch your browser
If none of the above-mentioned solutions worked for you, try changing your browser. Your old browser may be behind this audio and video issue. So, switch to a different browser. Choose a browser that is secure, fast, and reliable. See if it is able to stream Netflix without any troubles.
Everyone loves to binge-watch their favorite TV shows on Netflix from the comfort of their homes. But it can be incredibly frustrating when the audio and video starts getting out of sync. To help you with this problem, we have provided a few useful solutions.
We have tried to keep the solutions simple yet effective. Work your way through the solutions and see which one works for you. We hope you will be able to fix the problem and enjoy watching Netflix again. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.