Finally, here is the big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Amazon Fire HD 10 (suez). The developer ggow has started working on the next version of Lineage OS based on Android Pie called Lineage OS 16. But be careful, we are not responsible if you brick your device or do something wrong. This update is under beta test and we don’t even say when exactly the next version comes out. So be patient. If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
Amazon Fire HD 10 features a 6.22 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 12 nm Processor. The handset packs 64GB variant with 4GB of RAM. Amazon Fire HD 10 sports a Dual rear camera with 12MP + 2MP camera and Selfie camera with 8MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 9.0 Pie under MIUI 9 software package and backed by 5000 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader on the back.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Amazon Fire HD 10 , your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Amazon Fire HD 10 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017)
[su_note note_color=”#fffef6″ text_color=”#000000″]A quick Disclaimer: Please don’t follow this guide if you don’t have an idea of what you are doing as you might end up messing up with your device. The GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.[/su_note]
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Amazon Fire HD 10Watch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Amazon Fire HD 10
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Amazon USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Check out the supported device list at Lineage OS 16
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Amazon Fire HD 10.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Amazon Fire HD 10.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Amazon Fire HD 10.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Amazon Fire HD 10.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Amazon Fire HD 10. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.