Discord is an instant messaging application that stands in favor of gamers around the world. To put it simply, Discord is the hub for all gamers on this planet and the platform helps them to seamlessly connect with each other. However, instant messaging software evolved a lot lately and is now regarded as a place for business and education along with good ol’ gamers.
How To Mass Delete Your DM History On Discord
Discard has been around for a few years now. One of the things that make Discord different from others is how they refuse to promote some activities. For this reason, they’ve made deleting messages hard and the software doesn’t give its users an option to delete multiple messages simultaneously. This is why you need a method to mass delete any of your unwanted DM history and our guide on how to mass delete your DM history on Discord will help you see past this problem.
- To start with, make sure you’re using any one of the following browsers on your PC – Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera. Then, open your browser and go to Tampermoneky
- Next, click on the Add to Chrome button
- Give any permission it asks for and make sure it appears on the extensions section on your browser. If you don’t see it there even after installation, then click on the puzzle piece icon on the extensions section and then click on the pin icon(make sure it turns blue) next to the Tampermonkey extension to pin it along with the other extensions on your browser
- Next, go to GreasyFork and click on the Install This Script button to install Undiscord
- Then, click on the Install button
- The installation should take roughly one second. To make sure the installation was successful, simple reload Greasy Fork’s website and see if the Install button now turned to Reinstall version 4.0. If it did, the installation is successful. If didn’t, then try installing again
- Once that’s done, head over to the website of Discord and sign in to your account
- After signing in, head over to the DM that you want to mass delete
- Now, you’ll see a new trash can icon on the top right side of the screen
- Once you’re in the DM that you want to mass delete, click on this trash can icon
- This will now open a few sets of options and codes. The codes are none to be bothered about. What you must do now is click on the blue get button close to Authorization?, Guild/Channel?, and Author?. Also, check the Auto Scroll option
- Finally, click on the green Start button and the script will start running. This will now automatically delete all your messages in that DM in just a few seconds or maybe minutes. When the scripts start running, the Start button will turn into a red Stop button. If you want to cancel the deletion, simply click it.
That’s all you need to do in order to mass delete your DM history on Discord. However, this will only delete the messages that you send in that conversation. If you want the entire conversation to disappear, you may have to share this method with your friend in the conversation/DM. That said, we hope reading the guide above has brought some valuable information and help to you. Please let us know by commenting down below if you have any further queries regarding the same.
Also Read: How to Fix Discord Update Failed Error