Netflix is a widely known entertainment platform in a lot of countries. Today there are more than 183 million Netflix subscribers worldwide. One can use Netflix for streaming movies, web-series, sports, news, and a lot more. Though, there are a lot of instances when the users have faced error codes while using their Netflix account.
One of the most common Netflix streaming error codes, “M7353-5101,” has been talked by a lot of users these days. While watching a movie or a web-series often, it may display “M7353-5101 error. Oops, something went wrong”.
If you are the one facing something similar, follow the fixes given below:
- Fixing methods for Netflix “Error: M7252-5101”
Fixing methods for Netflix “Error: M7252-5101”
FIX 1- Disable or turn off the browser extension
The Primary reason for “Netflix error code M7252-5101” in Windows 10 is your browser extension. The extension can interfere and create a conflict with Netflix. As Chrome and Firefox are one of the leading and most used browsers today, we recommend you to turn it’s extensions off and check whether the issue persists. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
For the Firefox browser:
- Visit the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Open the Add-on Manager tab.
- From the next window, click on Extensions.
- Now click on the blue toggles below each of the extensions to turn them off.
For the Chrome browser:
- Firstly, open the Chrome browser.
- Now in its address/URL bar type “chrome://extensions/” and click on “Enter”.
- An extension list will appear on your screen. Click on the blue toggle buttons below each extension for turning them off.
Once done, visit your Netflix account and see if the error persists. If in case the error is still occurring, try repeating the above process. But this time, make sure to disable each extension one by one and check for the error code after each of them. This step will help you know which extension was creating error.
Note: The extensions that are owned by the Chrome browser does not require to get disabled.
FIX 2- Disable/turn off the third-party anti-virus software
Third-party anti-virus software might create numerous problems in your PC, including error “M7353-5101” on your Netflix account usage. In the case, follow the steps below:
- To open the context menu of your third-party anti-virus software, right-click on the “System tray icon.”
- Now navigate through the context menu and look for the “Disable” option.
- Now select the disable option and try to turn off the software temporarily.
Once done, try using your Netflix account for any activity and monitor for the error code. If the issue has got resolved, you can later turn on the anti-virus software again.
Clearing cookies and cache may usually fix the error and refresh the Netflix server. For doing so:
For the Firefox browser:
- Open Mozilla Firefox and type “about:preferences#privacy” in its address/URL bar and press “Enter”.
- Now click on the “Clear data” button.
- Tick both the checkboxes for “Cookies and site data” & Cached web content.”
- Lastly, click on the “Clear” button to proceed.
For the Chrome browser:
- Open Google Chrome and press Ctrl + Shift + delete altogether. You’ll visit the clear browse data window.
- From the time range, select the option “All time.”
- Now tick the checkboxes for “Cookies and other site data” & Cached images and files.”
- Lastly, proceed by clicking on the “Clear data” tab.
FIX 4- Update Chrome’s Widevine Content Decryption Module
Some users might be facing the Netflix error code “M7353-5101” due to out-dated “Chrome’s Widevine Content Decryption Module.” Here updating the module may fix the error. Follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Chrome browser and in the address/URL bar type “chrome://components/.”
- Here below the “Widevine Content Decryption Module,” select the “check for update” tab.
You can relaunch the browser once the updating process gets completed.
Likewise, instead of updating the module, you can also update the Chrome browser in general. For doing so,
- In the Chrome URL bar, type “chrome://settings/help” and press “Enter.”
- This will update Chrome.
FIX 5- Disable or turn off the proxy server
If you have a proxy server setting enabled, you can try disabling it. Doing so might fix the Netflix error code. Follow the steps below:
- Start with pressing Windows + R altogether to open the RUN dialogue box.
- In the blank typing space, type “inetcpl.cpl” and press Enter.
- Now on the internet properties, select the Connection tab and open the window.
- Here select the “LAN setting” tab.
- On the next window, tick the empty checkbox named “Use a proxy server for your LAN.” And click, OK.
- Finally, select the “Apply” button.
It may fix the Netflix error code now. You can check it by using your Netflix account once.
FIX 6- Update Windows
Updating Windows 10 may resolve the Netflix error “M7252-5101” code in some cases. So, it is better to check whether your Windows 10 update or not.
- From the start menu, type “Setting” and select the option “Windows Update settings.”
- Locate whether any pending update is present there. If not, you can also click on the “Check for updates” tab.
- Now click on the “Update” tab and let the process gets completed on its own. It will automatically update and install the latest Window 10 update.
When done, restart your system. It may have fixed the error now.
FIX 7- Restart your system
One last fix that might work for a few users is a system restart. At times the Netflix error “M7353- 5101” might also occur due to some activity in the background. In such a case, restarting your system can solve the issue. However, it would rarely be the cause.
You may come across some standard error issue while using Netflix now and then. And so is one of the most popular Netflix error codes, “M7353-5101”. For fixing it, you can try any one of the seven fixes explained above.
All of the methods mentioned in this article will help you in resuming back using your Netflix account normally again. However, if the error issue persists, you must quickly contact the Netflix support or Netflix customer center. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.