In this user-friendly guide, we present a simplified method to unlock the bootloader and root the Tecno Spark 8P KG7/KG7n using Magisk without the need for TWRP. Our step-by-step instructions aim to make the process easy for you.
To root your Tecno Spark 8P, we utilize Magisk to patch the stock boot image and subsequently flash it to the device’s boot partition. Why Magisk? It employs a system-less root approach, preserving the integrity of system partitions while granting root access. Magisk’s unique features include the ability to conceal root access for seamless functionality with apps like banking apps and SafetyNet.
Before diving into the rooting process, unlocking the bootloader is a prerequisite. Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader results in the permanent voiding of your device’s warranty. As you proceed, take full responsibility, as GetDroidTips holds no liability for any errors or damage that may occur to your phone during or after following this guide or flashing any files.
- What is Unlock Bootloader?
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Tecno Spark 8P KG7/KG7n Smartphone
- What is Root? (Advantages)
- Steps To Root Tecno Spark 8P KG7/KG7n Using Magisk
- 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Tecno Spark 8P
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device. It commands the device to run the appropriate programs in order to run smoothly and provide better performance. Moreover, the bootloader is stored away from the reach of the user and is stored at a stable memory so that the user could not hamper the files. However, there are methods and ways via which you can safely unlock the bootloader of the device and go ahead with flashing a custom recovery to root your device. But, you should make sure to follow a reliable guide and follow the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage to your phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Tecno Spark 8P KG7/KG7n Smartphone
Please read our complete instructions to unlock the bootloader on any Tecno smartphone.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Tecno Spark 8P KG7/KG7n, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Tecno Spark 8P by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Tecno Spark 8P.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Tecno Spark 8P.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Tecno Spark 8P, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Tecno Spark 8P KG7/KG7n Using Magisk
Follow the full-depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Tecno Spark 8P model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Tecno USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download Other Drivers: Mediatek VCOM Drivers or MTK USB Drivers
- Download And Install the SP Flash tool on your computer
- Download Latest Tecno Spark 8P KG7/KG7n Firmware
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, you need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Tecno Spark 8P
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Tecno Spark 8P from below link:Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Device
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Tecno Spark 8P, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with an A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
Refer to our in-depth video guide for visual assistance.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Tecno Spark 8P KG7/KG7n device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.