In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to Root Infinix Hot 10i X658B / X659B using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
In order to root your Infinix Hot 10i X658B / X659B, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device’s boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
- Infinix Hot 10i Device Overview:
- What is Root? (Advantages)
- Steps To Root Infinix Hot 10i X658B / X659B Using Magisk
- 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Infinix Hot 10i
Infinix Hot 10i Device Overview:
The Infinix Hot 10i features a 6.6 inches IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and a pixel density of 266 ppi. This is a standard panel with a refresh rate of 60Hz. Under the hood, we have the MediaTek Helio A25 built on a 12nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with four Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz and four Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.5 GHz.
Coming to the optics, we get a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The quad-camera setup at the rear consists of a 13MP primary sensor, a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, a 2MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a QVGA(Low light sensor) camera sensor. At the front, we have an 8MP sensor.
The Infinix Note 10 Pro comes with Android 11 out of the box. There is a single storage variant of this smartphone with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. There is a MicroSD slot for storage expansion. For communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS, and MicroUSB. And for sensors, we have an accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. We do not have any definite information about a fingerprint. If we do get one, it will be placed on the rear of the smartphone. There is a 6,000 mAH battery that powers this smartphone. The smartphone will be available in three color options: Black, Cyan, and Purple. Since the smartphone is not yet launched, this is not a definite specification sheet. You might see some changes when the smartphone officially launches.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Infinix Hot 10i, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Infinix Hot 10i by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Infinix Hot 10i.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Infinix Hot 10i.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Infinix Hot 10i, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Infinix Hot 10i X658B / X659B Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- To root, you must first unlock the bootloader on your Infinix X658B / X659B variant.
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Infinix Hot 10i model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, you need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Infinix Hot 10i
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Infinix Hot 10i from below link:Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Device
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Infinix Hot 10i, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with an A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Infinix Hot 10i X658B / X659B device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.