UMIDIGI has unveiled its new budget smartphone i.e., the UMIDIGI A7 Pro. It comes with a 6.3-inch display, Helio P23 SoC, quad rear camera setup, 4150mAh battery, and runs on Android 10. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to root Umidigi A7 Pro using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
Every Android user wants to get the most out of it when it comes to the customizations and tweaking your device. Rooting is one of them and offers superuser or administrator access to the user in order to modify the system files and apps easily. After enabling root access, users can edit or delete system root directory files, overclock device performance, use rooted apps, install custom modules, etc. There are unlimited possibilities that you can perform on your rooted Umidigi A7 Pro easily.
In order to root your Umidigi A7 Pro, we will use the Magisk to patch stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 UmiDigi A7 Pro Device Overview
- 2 What is Root? (Advantages)
- 3 Steps To Root Umidigi A7 Pro Using Magisk
- 4 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- 5 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Umidigi A7 Pro
UmiDigi A7 Pro Device Overview
The UMIDIGI A7 Pro features a 6.3 inches IPS LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution, i.e., with pixels of 1080 x 2160 pixels. This device also gets an old-style waterdrop notch, and it has a pixel density of 409 Pixel Per Inch (PPI), a screen to body ratio of 82.23 percent, scratch-resistant glass and also it uses a 2.5D glass.
Coming to the internals of UMIDIGI A7 Pro, it sports the MediaTek MT6763V, which is also known as Helio P23 SoC. It is built on the 16nm process and has an octa-core setup. This setup includes four Cortex A53 cores, which clocks at 2.0GHz, and four Cortex A53 cores that clocks at 1.5GHz. It is a 64 bit SoC, and to the GPU side, it sports the ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU that clocks at 700MHz. Coming to the memory side, it comes with 4GB of RAM. This pairs with 64, and 128GB of eMMC 5.1 of internal storage. Further, this internal storage is expandable via the micro SD card up to 256GB. The smartphone runs on the latest Android 10 out of the box.
If we talk about the camera, the UMIDIGI A7 Pro sports a quad rear camera setup that is arranged vertically to the left of the back panel in a rectangle, the flash is also included in this setup. This setup includes a primary 16MP Sony IMX 398 sensor with an aperture value of f/2.0. This sensor pairs with a secondary 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with an aperture value of f/2.2. Further, it gets a 2MP macro sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4, and finally another 2MP depth sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4. It also supports LED flash, Digital Zoom, HDR, Panorama, autofocus, and touch focus. To the front, the device gets a 16MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture value.
The UMIDIGI A7 Pro packs a 4,150 mAh battery that charges over the USB type C port. Sadly it doesn’t come with support for any fast charging tech. Connectivity options include Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, LE,, Wi-Fi- Wi-Fi 802.11, a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and USB Type-C, USB 2.0. Sensors onboard include Ambient Light, Accelerometer, Proximity, and Compass. Talking about the biometric options, it comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, and as well as support for face unlock.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Umidigi A7 Pro, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Umidigi A7 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Umidigi A7 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Umidigi A7 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Umidigi A7 Pro, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Umidigi A7 Pro Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have battery juice more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Umidigi A7 Pro model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, you need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Umidigi A7 Pro
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Umidigi A7 Pro from below link:Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Device
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Umidigi A7 Pro, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Umidigi A7 Pro device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.