Today we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on LG G7 ThinQ. TWRP recovery is considered one of the important contributions from the active developer community that Android has. This open-source custom recovery is in wide usage around the world. TWRP recovery helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root, or even back up and restore any ROM.
If you are here, you probably wonder how to install the TWRP Recovery on LG G7 ThinQ. You can follow the guide given here. Once you have installed it, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what TWRP Recovery and their advantage are.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open-source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.
[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, often functions unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on LG G7 ThinQ using TWRP.
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on LG G7 ThinQ
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on LG G7 ThinQ.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on LG G7 ThinQ.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Check Popular Post
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads, and Features
- List of Supported Devices to receive Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM
- List of Supported Devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on LG G7 ThinQ
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on LG G7 ThinQ, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
Download Required Files
TWRP Recovery (Semi Persistent)
TWRP Recovery (Persistant)
- This Guide Supported for LG G7 ThinQ
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on LG G7 ThinQ.
- Install latest LG USB Drivers
- You need either a Laptop or PC.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here and Extract it.
Installation Guide using ADB fastboot method:
At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember, rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
- First of all, You need to root LG G7 Thinq
- Download and install or extract the Android SDK or Minimal ADB Folder
- Now Go to C:\adb on the PC where the Android SDK folder is found
- Now open the command window (CMD) on the same adb folder by holding the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or Command Window option.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Once you completely shut down, connect the device to the PC while holding the Volume Down key.
- It will boot into fastboot, Now enter the following command to install TWRP Recovery on LG G7 ThinQ:
fastboot flash boot_a pathtoimghere
fastboot flash boot_b pathtoimghere
Note: In this state, you will encounter a boot loop when you restart your device and proceed to OS. So please, don’t.
- Boot to recovery using the button combination (VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON).
- Once you are booted in TWRP, you might notice that /date doesn’t work. To fix it, you need to decrypt your phone. For now, flash the vendor.img found here.
- After step #10, Hit Wipe and Format Date on TWRP, type yes in the dialog, and then reboot to recovery (not system). TWRP will now be useful.
- If you are on 10f or 10h stock ROM download this TWRP, then mount vendor and system, flash the zip through TWRP to enable semi-persistent.
- Once you are done, you can reboot your phone.
- That’s it! You have installed TWRP Successfully!
How to Root LG G7 ThinQ
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root LG G7 ThinQ without a PC/Computer. Here in this guide, we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you remove the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting LG G7 ThinQ, you inject a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry; you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your LG G7 ThinQ, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your LG G7 ThinQ by overclocking.
- By rooting, you can increase battery life by underclocking LG G7 ThinQ.
- Uninstall Bloatware on LG G7 ThinQ.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting LG G7 ThinQ, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root LG G7 ThinQ smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Warning: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]Full Guide to install SuperSU on your phone Full Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on LG G7 ThinQ. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.