Terraria is a sandbox action-adventure video game that was released in 2011. It was developed and published by Re-Logic that’s available for Windows, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Macintosh platforms. After nine long years, Terraria’s journey comes to an end with the final 1.4 patch update recently. However, after updating the game to its latest and final version, plenty of PC users are reporting that the Terraria 1.4 Update Crashes: System.InvalidOperationException error is occurring. If you’re also one of them, follow the troubleshooting guide below.
According to some affected users, while creating a character or world in the game, the game crashes with this particular error message. It’s worth mentioning that before the latest update, the game was working very well for Windows users. So, there are some issues with the latest update. As this was the last update, we can’t expect further patch update anymore. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into some of the possible workarounds below that should fix this issue completely.
Fix Terraria 1.4 Update Crashes: System.InvalidOperationException Error
- First of all, open Steam > Go to Library > Right-click on Terraria > Go to Properties > Click on Local Files > Click on Verify integrity of game files. Once done, restart your PC and check for the issue.
I keep getting this error whenever I try to create a new character or world since 1.4 (Uploaded wrong photo to begin with). I’ve tried uninstalling and redownloading multiple times already, nothing is working. from Terraria
- Next, make sure that the Windows OS version is updated properly. If any cumulative update is available, then download and install it. Click on Start > Click on Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.
- Try to turn off the Windows Defender program on your PC. Click on Start > Type Windows Defender and click on it from the search result. Turn off the real-time protection.
- Make sure that your internet connection is fast enough and offers stable download/upload speed.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to launch Task Manager. Go to Processes > Scroll down and search for the “Razer Chroma” tasks and close those tasks one by one. It can also solve the issue.
- Finally, you should delete and reinstall the Terraria game on your Steam client.
That’s it, guys. We assume that these troubleshooting steps will fix the error in your game. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment section below.
- How to Fix Terraria System Missing Method Exception Error
- The Best Wings in Terraria (2020)
- How to Fish in Lava in Terraria
- Terraria: How to Get the Zenith Sword
- How to get the Lava Charm in Terraria
- How to Zoom out in Terraria
- All Blood Moon Fishing Items and Enemies In Terraria
- How to Summon Torch God in Terraria: Journey’s End
- Terraria isn’t starting up: Fix Crashing after black screen
- Best Starter Weapon in Terraria Journey’s End
- How to Get Terraspark Boots in Terraria 1.4?
- How to Use Terraria 1.4 Seed for Water Walking Boots?
- Best Melee Build in Terraria 1.4
- How to Improve Luck in Terraria Journey’s End?
- How to get Storm Spear in Terraria Journey’s End?
- How to Get Clockwork Assault Rifle in Terraria
- How to Get the Terraprisma in Terraria 1.4?
- How to Make a House in Terraria?