Sony Xperia XZ2 (h8216/h8266) launched in February 2018. The handset came with Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we have the latest Custom ROM which brings all the Google Pixel phone features on your Sony Xperia XZ2. This custom ROM is known as Google Pixel Experience ROM. Now you can download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ2 based on Android 10.
The new Android 10 brings new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Sony Xperia XZ2 features a 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 400GB via microSD card. The camera on the Sony Xperia XZ2 comes with 19MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Sony Xperia XZ2 runs on Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box and backed by a 3180 mAh battery. It has a Fingerprint sensor on the back.
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ2. It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Sony Xperia XZ2 based on Android 10 now available. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ2 and Root in a minute
- List of Best Custom ROM for Sony Xperia XZ2 [Updated]
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Sony Xperia XZ2
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ2 based on Android 10 Q
- Common Sony Xperia XZ2 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ2
To install this ROM on Sony Xperia XZ2, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery.
- Supported Smartphone: Sony Xperia XZ2
- Charge the Sony Xperia XZ2 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia XZ2.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ2
- Download Sony USB Drivers.
- Download Pixel Experience ROM here: Download (h8216 – Single Sim)
- Download Pixel Experience ROM here: Download (h8266 – Dual Sim)
- Download Magisk zip file for root your device or flash SuperSU zip file
Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Sony Xperia XZ2 Internal storage.
- You can reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Pixel Experience ROM on Sony Xperia XZ2.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Zip -> select Pixel Experiece.zip file.
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- List of Pixel Experience ROM Supported Devices