Updated on April 11, 2021: This guide also supports the latest Infinix Hot 10i. You have to download the Infinix Hot 10i flash file image to extract the boot image,
Infinix came into the smartphone industry as a budget segment specialist. Every year they come up with decently powered budget phones with competitive pricing on them. In the latter half of Q3 of 2020, we have a new addition to the Infinix smartphone list. It is the Infinix Hot 10, which was just recently launched on September 21, 2020. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to root Infinix Hot 10 using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
Every Android user wants to get the most out of it when it comes to the customizations and tweaking of your device. Rooting is one of them and offers superuser or administrator access to the user in order to modify the system files and apps easily. After enabling root access, users can edit or delete system root directory files, overclock device performance, use rooted apps, install custom modules, etc. There are unlimited possibilities that you can perform on your rooted Infinix Hot 10 easily.
In order to root your Infinix Hot 10, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
- Infinix Hot 10 Device Overview:
- What is Root? (Advantages)
- Steps To Root Infinix Hot 10 Using Magisk
- 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Infinix Hot 10
Infinix Hot 10 Device Overview:
The Infinix Hot 10 comes with a massive 6.78 inch IPS LCD with an HD+ resolution and an aspect ratio of 20.5:9. It comes with the MediaTek Helio G70 along with up to 6GB of RAM. As for storage, we get 128GB of internal storage with support for microSD expansion of up to 256GB via a dedicated slot. The USP of the device is its massive 5,200 mAh battery that supports proprietary fast charging out of the box.
As for optics, on the rear side, we get a 16MP primary camera with an f/1.85 aperture, a 2MP depth sensor, a 2MP macro sensor, and a fourth low light camera. The rear camera is capable of 1080p video recording at 30fps. Now on the front, we get an 8-megapixel camera with an aperture of f/2.0. The front camera is also capped at 1080p at 30fps. The phone comes with Android 10 out of the box with Infinix’s XOS 7.0 skinned on top of it. As for connectivity options, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Micro-USB, FM radio, 3G, and 4G. And it also has all the basic sensors, including an accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, proximity sensor, and a rear fingerprint sensor.
The phone is a bit on the heavy side as it weighs around 204 grams. And total, we have four color options, which include Amber Red, Moonlight Jade, Obsidian Black, and Ocean Wave. The phone comes at a competitive price tag of 10,999 INR and is mainly targeting an audience who want decent performance on a big screen phone running on a big battery.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Infinix Hot 10, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Infinix Hot 10 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Infinix Hot 10.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Infinix Hot 10.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Infinix Hot 10, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Infinix Hot 10 Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have battery juice more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Infinix Hot 10 model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, you need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Infinix Hot 10
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Infinix Hot 10 from below link:Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Device
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Infinix Hot 10, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Infinix Hot 10 device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.