Here we will guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Tecno Pop 1S Pro. If you want to install Custom ROM, mods or even rooting on your device, TWRP recovery is considered to be one of the important contributions of the active developer community that Android has. TWRP recovery is an open-source custom recovery which is currently used wide among every Android users.
Talking about the specifications, Tecno Pop 1S Pro features a 5.5-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. It is powered by MediaTek MT6580 Processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 32GB via microSD card. The camera on the Tecno Pop 1S Pro comes with an 8MP rear camera with LED dual-tone flash and 5MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. Tecno Pop 1S Pro also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
If you are here, then you probably wondering how to install the TWRP Recovery on Tecno Pop 1S Pro. You can simply follow the guide given here. Once you have installed, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is TWRP Recovery and their advantage.
- 1 What is TWRP Recovery:
- 2 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Tecno Pop 1S Pro
- 3 How to Root Tecno Pop 1S Pro:
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Tecno Pop 1S Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Tecno Pop 1S Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Tecno Pop 1S Pro.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Tecno Pop 1S Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will lose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Tecno Pop 1S Pro
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Tecno Pop 1S Pro, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
- This Recovery is only supported for Tecno Pop 1S Pro.
- You should have either a PC or a Laptop.
- Make sure to charge your phone for at least 50%.
- Download and install latest Tecno USB Drivers on your PC/Laptop [All Android USB Drivers]
- Download the SP Flash Tool Software
- Download VCOM driver – Instal the VCOM Driver on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on any MediaTek device.
- Take a full backup just in case if you need it later
Installation Guide using SP Flash tool:
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Installation Using ADB Fastboot Method:
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
How to Root Tecno Pop 1S Pro:
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Tecno Pop 1S Pro without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Tecno Pop 1S Pro, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device at any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Tecno Pop 1S Pro, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Tecno Pop 1S Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Tecno Pop 1S Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Tecno Pop 1S Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Tecno Pop 1S Pro, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Tecno Pop 1S Pro smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
Note: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk
or you can try the
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Tecno Pop 1S Pro. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.