Today we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on UMIDIGI Z. TWRP recovery is considered to be one of the important contributions of the active developer community that Android has. This open-source custom recovery is in wide usage around the world. TWRP recovery helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM.
If you are here, then you probably wondering how to install the TWRP Recovery on UMIDIGI Z. You can simply follow the guide given here. Once you have installed, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is TWRP Recovery and their advantage.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.
[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on UMIDIGI Z using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on UMIDIGI Z
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on UMIDIGI Z.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on UMIDIGI Z.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Check Popular Post
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Download Install Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI) – Project Treble Device List
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on UMIDIGI Z
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on UMIDIGI Z, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
TWRP Recovery (3.2.1)
For Scatter File: Download Stock ROM for UMIDIGI Z
- This Recovery is only supported for UMIDIGI Z.
- You should have either a PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to charge your phone for at least 50%.
- Download and install latest UMIDIGI USB Drivers on your PC/Laptop [All Android USB Drivers]
- Download the SP Flash Tool Software
- Download VCOM driver – Install the VCOM Driver on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on any MediaTek device.
- Take a full backup just in case if you need it later
Installation Guide using SP Flash tool:
[su_note note_color=”#035786″ text_color=”#ffffff”]At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.[/su_note]
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Full Guide to install TWRP Recovery on your Phone
Watch The Video on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Mediatek using SP Flash tool
Installation Using ADB Fastboot Method:
Download and Install UMIDIGI USB Drivers and Download ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows || For Mac: Click Here || For Full ADB Setup, Download Android SDK Platform
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
Full Guide to install TWRP Recovery Using ADB commandWatch The Video on How to Install TWRP Recovery using ADB Fastboot tool
How to Root UMIDIGI Z:
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root UMIDIGI Z without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting UMIDIGI Z, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your UMIDIGI Z, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your UMIDIGI Z by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking UMIDIGI Z.
- Uninstall Bloatware on UMIDIGI Z.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting UMIDIGI Z, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root UMIDIGI Z smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Note: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]
Full Guide to install SuperSU on your phone
Full Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on UMIDIGI Z. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.
Credit goes to: ysh.alsager