During this quarantine period, most of us have hopped on to Netflix in order to kill our free time. Well, maybe some of us might be guilty of binge-watching on Netflix even before the quarantine. Nevertheless, no matter what the case, you might not want the ‘Continue Watching’ option to appear when you’re using Netflix. Even though the feature is relatively useful, it might not be everyone’s favorite idea. Especially if you share your Netflix account with other individuals.
Fortunately, there’s an easy way to get rid of shows in Netflix’s continue watching list. In this guide, we’ll show you the steps to remove shows and movies from the continue watching list. Alternatively, we’ll also show you briefly how you can leave the ‘Continue Watching’ on without worrying about others finding out what you’re watching.
How to fix Netflix Subtitles not working or missing error?
How to Clear Netflix Cache on Samsung, LG, Sony, or any Smart TV?
Fix: Netflix Not Getting Verification Code Issue
Fix: Netflix Blue Screen of Death Problem
Fix: Netflix Crashing or Freezing on Windows 11
Fix: Samsung Smart TV Netflix Not Working/ Black Screen Issue
Fix: Panasonic TV Netflix Not Working
How To Change Your Netflix Plan Subscription
Fix: Netflix Green Screen of Death Problem
Fix: TCL Smart TV Netflix Crashing or Not Loading
Clear shows from Netflix’s Continue Watching List
You need to perform these steps on a computer or a mobile device. Therefore, you will not be able to remove items from Netflix’s Continue Watching list on Smart TV’s or even streaming devices.
Delete Continue Watchin history on mobile app
Check out the steps below to delete your continue watching list on Netflix from your Android or iOS device.
- Launch the Netflix application on your phone and select the profile from which you want to delete the Continue Watching history.
- Tap on More and then select Account.
- You will be redirected to your Netflix account settings on the browser app.
- Scroll down to the Profiles & Parental Controls section and tap on the profile you wish to delete the Netflix Continue Watching items.
- Now tap on Viewing activity. This will show you the watch history for the selected profile. To remove an item/show, simply tap on the delete/cancel icon which is the circle with a line through it.
- Once you tap on the delete/cancel icon, you will also be able to see an option to hide the entire series.
- Additionally, you can delete or hide all the history at once by scrolling to the bottom and then tap on Hide all.
How to Fix Netflix Black Screen Problem
Fix: Netflix Stuck on Loading Screen | Stuck At 24, 29, 99 Issue
Netflix Not Working with NordVPN, How to Fix?
Netflix Not Working with ExpressVPN and SurfShark, How to Fix?
Netflix Won’t Play Videos Or Not Working On iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max: How To Fix?
How to Activate Netflix on All Devices at Netflix.Com/TV8
How to Sign out of Netflix on Roku Device
Fix: Netflix on Roku TV Keeps Crashing or Not Loading
Delete Continue Watching history on desktop
As we mentioned above, you can also delete your continue watching history on a PC or Mac.
- Visit Netflix.com and sign in to your Netflix account.
- Hover your cursor over your profile which is located at the top right corner.
- Click on Account and then head over to the Profiles & Parental Controls section.
- Now click on the profile name you wish to delete items from Netflix’s continue watching list.
- Click on Viewing activity and then click on the Delete/Cancel icon beside the name of the item you wish to remove.
- Alternatively, you can also scroll down and click on Hide all to remove all the history from the Continue Watching list.
Note: It might take up to 24 hours for the changes to come into effect. Therefore, an episode/series that you might have hidden/cleared can appear in your continue watching list for up to 24 hours.
Create separate profiles for other users
While deleting items from Netflix’s continue watching list is fairly simple, you may not want to repeat the process each time you watch a show you don’t want other users to know about. Fortunately, you can save yourself the trouble by creating separate profiles for each user.
- Launch Netflix and tap on More then tap on Add Profile.
- Enter the name of the user.
- If you’re creating the profile for a younger individual, don’t forget to select For Children.
- Then tap on Save.
- Sign in to your Netflix account.
- However your cursor over your profile icon. Click on Manage Profiles and then click on Add Profile.
- Enter the user’s name and then select either Children, Teens, or Adults based on the viewer’s age whom you’re creating the profile for.
Creating profiles for individual users will prevent the continue watching list from each profile showing up to everyone. This means that your watching list will only be visible to you. However, it’s worth noting that the user can still view your watching list if they select your profile when prompted.
We hope this guide helped you clear Netflix’s continue watching list. Alternatively, to keep your profile private, you can check out this simple method to Lock your Netflix Profile using Pin Code. If you’re having trouble with viewing subtitles, have a look at how to fix Netflix Subtitles not working or missing error. And also read how to watch Netflix with online friends with Chatroom.
- Why is Netflix Freezing in Windows 10? How to Fix?
- Best chrome extensions to watch Netflix together with your friends
- How to Fix Netflix Error Code H403 / H404?
- NetFlix Error: Your device not compatible with this version: How to fix?
- How to fix Netflix Subtitles not working or missing error?
- How to Watch Netflix and Chat Online with Friends
- How do I Disable Netflix Autoplay feature Videos across all devices
- Netflix keeps crashing or won’t load properly on iPhone 11 series: How to fix?
- How to fix Netflix not working or Broken SafetyNet issue on Honor 9X
- How to reduce the data usage on the Netflix App?
- All Common Netflix Errors and How to Fix it