Netflix is one of the most popular OTT platforms out there. It is the one place destination for watching movies, web series, and even originals. Here, you can watch world-famous movies like Fast and Furious, Red Notice, and Spiderman. And if you are a web series fan, you will find content like The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Money Heist, and Peaky Blinders.
Netflix isn’t only famous for its content, but it has also managed to grab everyone’s attention because of its device compatibility. From Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Android TV, to smart TV, you can stream Netflix on almost all the possible devices. But to get a seamless Netflix experience, it’s important to keep on clearing its cache data.
With that said, in this post, we are going to talk about how to clear Netflix cache on Samsung, LG, Sony, or any Smart TV. We will be dividing the post into different sections so that you can directly come to your smart TV part. So, without any further delay, let’s get straight into the topic.
Importance of Clearing Cache
Before talking about how to clear Netflix cache on Samsung, LG, Sony, or any Smart TV, it’s important to know why you should be doing this. Like, what’s exactly is the benefit of clearing cache? Does it really affect the system’s performance?
Here a different reasons justifying why you should always clear cache data on smart TV.
- The very first thing that can inspire you to clear the app cache data is “improved speed”. Yes, you read it right. Clearing cache is definitely going to increase the system performance. But don’t expect a miracle, there will just be a slight difference in the performance, on the positive side.
- Considering the fact that people rarely clear cache data, many hackers target the cache memory to attack the system. So you should always keep on clearing cache data to keep your system free from malware or virus attacks.
- If you were experiencing lag and slowness in any application on your smart TV, then it indicates that you have stored a lot of cache data. Thus, clearing cache data will fix the mentioned problem.
Now that you know what is the importance of clearing cache data of different applications on your smart TV, let’s check out how to clear Netflix cache on Samsung, LG, Sony, or any Smart TV.
How to Clear Netflix Cache on Samsung Smart TV?
If you own a Samsung Smart TV, below are the steps you need to follow to clear Netflix cache data.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Tap on the “Home” button from your Samsung remote.
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu followed by selecting the “Apps” option.
- Click on the “System apps” option.
- Here, you will find all the applications installed on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Select Netflix from the list of applications.
- Click on the “Clear Cache” option.
- In the confirmation box that pops up, confirm your selection by tapping the “OK” button.
That’s it. You have finally cleared the Netflix cache data on the Samsung Smart TV. Check if there’s any slight improvement in the performance of the app or not.
How to Clear Netflix Cache on LG Smart TV?
Do you use LG smart TV to watch shows like Stranger Things and Peaky Blinders on Netflix? If so, here are the steps you need to follow to clear the Netflix cache data on LG smart TV.
- Use the LG Smart TV remote to turn off the TV.
- Turn it back on to clear the cache data.
Don’t be surprised. It’s that’s easy to clear cache data on LG smart TV. This method will not only clear the cache data of Netflix but of all the applications installed on the TV. So, it’s a plus point for you, as you will get an overall better performance from the TV.
How to Clear Netflix Cache on Sony?
What if you own a Sony Smart TV to stream Netflix? Is there any way to clear the cache data? Yes, there is. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to find out how it’s done.
- First off, make sure the smart TV is connected to the internet and has the right date and time.
- Now, press the “Home” button from this Sony Smart TV remote.
- Click on the “‘Settings” menu.
- Now, navigate to Apps > See all apps > Show system apps.
- In the system apps section, select Netflix.
- Tap on the “Clear Cache” option followed by clicking on “OK”.
How to Clear Netflix Cache on Any Smart TV?
There is an endless number of smart TV brands present in the market. From Xiaomi, Realme, OnePlus, Toshiba to many more. Thus, it will be almost impossible to make a guide on how to clear Netflix cache on each of the smart TV.
So, what if you have any other brand Smart TV, for instance, Realme. Isn’t there any way by which one can clear Netflix cache data on any Smart TV? Fortunately, there is. Just, follow the below-mentioned steps to clear Netflix cache on any Smart TV.
- To begin with, head towards the “Settings” menu of your Smart TV.
- Now, navigate to the “App” section.
- In this section, you will find a list of all the applications installed on your smart TV.
- Locate Netflix and click on it.
- On the following page, you will have a list of all the operations you can do with the selected. Click on the “Clear Cache” option.
- If any confirmation box pops up, tap on “OK” or “Yes” to initiate the process.
That’s it. You have finally cleared Netflix cache data on your Smart TV.
This was all about how to clear Netflix cache on Samsung, LG, Sony, or any Smart TV. Let us know in the comments whether you were able to clear the cache data on your smart TV or not. You can also share any other workaround that you think will be helpful in the situation. Moreover, don’t forget to check our other guides on Netflix and smart TV’S to resolve different problems revolving around the platforms.